Friday, April 29, 2005

My Ultimate Art Project

There is a show that I like to watch on TV called "Weird Homes." It shows all these interesting homes that don’t fall into the category of "normal," (who was the idiot who came up with the word normal anyway. In my opinion, it is one of those stupid words that shouldn’t be in the English language). Anyway, I always looked at these houses and thought to myself "Hey, these are good ideas." So at some point in my life, I would like to make my own weird homes.
You may notice that I wrote this as a plural. Well, I plan on making a whole community. The basic idea of this project is that I want to build a whole community based on the little fantasy world knocking about in my head. It will necessitate a lot of land, so I believe it will have to be a place in the country.
The first bit will be a place for Ralph. Ralph’s House would look like a cross between a hobbit hole and a Viking Hall. The place is basically going to be a great mansion complete with large dining hall, private place of worship and study. I might put in a Tawazee village nearby Ralph’s House, but that is still being thought over by me.
Naous’ House will be a little less magnificent. Naous is a practical man when it comes to his home and he would just take a small cabin during winter and a teepee during summer. The cabin will consist of a kitchen and dining room, single bedroom, living room and bathroom. The inside of the cabin will go on a sort of India theme because it will be home to two avatars of major Hindu deities.
Since Daina and Kaylynn are Goddess-Avatar thingies, they can have a temple that doubles for a summer home. The design will be a sort of cross between Mesoamerican, Classical and Domes. It won’t be big, just enough for the two of them, maybe a few priests and visitors.

No comments: