Friday, April 15, 2005

The Complete "If I Hade An Otherland Account," up till today

Here, before you, is my complete list of Simulations I would have in my virtual multiverse, all separated in organized categories by type of universe. These are only mine however and will not include Sprite's or Steph's.

Galaxies
  • Douglas Adam’s Hitchhiker’s Guide To The Galaxy Universe This would be based on a role-play with a humorous bit running on a Douglas Adams-Monty Python level and would make humorous scenarios about saving the universe and such. My character would off course be Ford Prefect.
  • Frank Herbert’s Dune Universe This would be more of a personal indulgence and would be one of the few simulations I would have full range over. I may relive a few of the novels once in awhile. My characters would probably change once in awhile depending on my time line, but the one’s I would have the most control over would be Paul Atreidis and Leto II.
  • Larry Niven’s Known Space This would be a role-playing science fiction universe. I don’t know exactly how it would work, but the best angle would be the Man-Kzin Wars, which I would change sides for every once and awhile, and off course their would be the Ringworld.
  • My Future History Part vacation world, Part Role-Play universe on the same lines as Larry Niven’s Known Space world (except without Kzinti or the Ringworld) this would be open to most of my friends and we could all go an go on adventures fighting the Enayon Brotherhood.
  • Robert A. Heinlein’s World I haven’t read much of Robert Heinlein’s work, but I think I’m putting this one on my list. It would be mainly his Future history and anything that would be safe to put in. This would mostly be a vacation world were I would talk with some of his most popular characters such as Jubal Harshaw, Valentine Micheal Smith and Lazarus Long.


Fantasy Worlds (non-magical and mythological)

  • Australian Dreamtime This would be a composition of all kinds of Australian Mythology and would be an adventure-type world. My character would be Wombat, a wombat hunter-mystic with no fixed origins. I don’t know if there is a Wombat character like this in Australian mythology, but I’m putting that as my character.
  • Boy's Own Adventure Africa I didn’t like the Mines of Solomon much, the main reason being the black characters were so stupid. Granted this was written by a white guy in the 1800's, but I liked the idea so this goes on, only one difference. I’m making the black people smarter and giving them more of an advantage over the Europeans.
  • Brian Jacques’ Redwall This is basically a fantasy series, but the inhabitants are furry animals. I would relive a few of the novels once in awhile, but I would also have Redwall as a vacation spot because one of the major attractions was the food. I would read about these great foods that sounded really good, so this will be mostly on as a personal restaurant. My character would probubly be an otter.
  • El Dorado Based on the legend of El Dorado. An alliance of Aztecs with guns and Spanish will inhabit the city. This will be an adventure game. My own character will be an Aztec warrior of some sort who I haven’t quite worked out yet.
  • John Mandeville’s Orient A patchwork of fact and fiction. John Mandeville’s Orient is based on both John Mandeville’s and Marco Polo’s works. My own character would be a liberal European explorer on the run from the church for being a heretic, finding employment with the various factions.
  • Lemuria I read about Lemuria in a book called "Lost Worlds," in my grade 7 and 8, it became one of my favourite books because it told amazing stories about make believe places and I believe gave me an escape from my world. I later found that the Lemuria theory hade some racist overtones, but I liked the idea any ways, so I’ll recreate it in my virtual multiverse.
  • Mythania This is a bit of everything. I would have holidays here and I would also have adventures in this simulation. It would probably be the equivalent of a capital, but would probably loose out to my hometown, making Mythania one of my favourite summer homes.
  • Rudyard Kipling’s Jungle Book I don’t even know if I would use this simulation, but I’m keeping it as a tribute to my love for the Indian culture and animals. I may visit once in awhile in the form of an animal, but other then that I won’t come in much.
  • Tolkein’s Middle-Earth More of a vacation spot then anything. I might reenact the Lord of The Rings and the Hobbit, but it will mostly be for vacations. For vacationing, my simulation body will of course be a Hobbit.
  • World of Greek Mythology Covering all of the Greek world. I would use this in the adventure sense of reenacting major Greek myths. The major ones with friends would be to The Iliad, which I would reenact with my friends and would be more accurate then the one with Brad Pitt (I hated that movie, it was dull and not very interesting. My Dad and I recommend it to anyone who like’s Brad Pitt’s butt though, because there is some good shots of that). I would reenact the Odyssey on my own, because my character would be Odysseus.

Fantasy Worlds (magical)

  • Faerie Based on the book Faerie and other sources I consider trustworthy (such as some of Neil Gaiman’s work). I don’t know why I would have this, but I will because I want it.
  • L. Frank Baum’s Wonderful World of Oz I loved the Oz series when I was young, still do in fact, and let’s face it, that was a damn good movie. Considering most of my worlds contain adult concepts (e.g. The Man-Kzin Wars in Known Space, Robert Heinlein has some strange ideas about relationships I should talk to my parents about) so it would be nice to go to a friendly place like Oz were all the people are happy and I don’t have to worry about any serious combat.
  • Lloyd Alexander’s Prydain This was my second introduction to Fantasy, my first being Narnia, but this is what me got into it. This will be an adventure simulation. My sim probably being Taran, Ralph’s being Gurgi.
  • Terry Pratchett’s Discworld Like Douglas Adam’s Hitchhiker Universe, this is a humorous adventure universe. I wouldn’t be any of the character’s in it, but me and Ralph would probably travel along with the characters. The simulation’s look will be based on the art of Paul Kidby, who has done art for the Discworld series. However, as a tribute to Monty Python I might make the Wizards usually featured at the Unseen University look like a certain Flying Circus.

Real-World Simulations and Irregulars

  • Human University This is for my philosophical sensibilities. It would basically be the greatest minds of humanity in one building. It would be mainly if I’m in a philosophical mood and will have a very extensive library.
  • My Hometown This will have two sides, one will be the normal one and the other will be more of an adventure one inhabited by a sort of be a pseudo-(my hometown) which would be inhabited by caricatures of people I know from my hometown.
  • Roman Empire Ancient history is one of my great interests, and the Romans did create on of the greatest Empires in the world, so they will be tributed in this simulation as a personal vacation spot and maybe an experiment to see how the Romans would adjust to the modern world and future (This will be crossed with my Future History)
  • Spider Robinson’s Callahan’s Place Sometime’s you need to go were every being knows your name and that is the idea of Callahan’s Place. Nothing more then a small Bar in the outskirts of New York popular among Aliens, Time Travellers, Talking Dogs and Mythical Creatures. This is my kind of bar. Also, I will have Naous come in to preform every once in awhile. Considering he is an alien mystic he will fit in fine.

No comments: