Friday, April 01, 2005

If Steph had an Otherland Account

This is what one of my readers, Steph would do if she had an Otherland account. These are in her own words. I have a strange feeling that she is the only one who will be sending in one.
The world in Final Fantasy X: I forget its name, Spira, or something likethat maybe. Really all Final Fantasy worlds attract me since they all havemany similarities -magic, summoning, dragons, kings, knights, etc..- but Xinterests me most due to the dependence on nature and the habitat ratherthan technology. (I have an immense dislike for technology in most cases,especially when it makes it easier to be lazy. Technology feels the sameabout me).
The Three Kingdoms from The Sword of Truth Series: It has a lot offantastical creatures -both good and bad- that I would be very interested inat least seeing. Some people have "the gift" which is the ability to domagic. (Can you telll I have a thing for magic?) This world essentiallymirrors our world just adding the fantasy aspect to our mundane reality.
Richard Bach's world: It is our world, but he employs many theories tochange it in his book Illusions: Adventures of a Reluctant Messiah. You canwalk on water and swim in land if you so desire. Basically, you define whatis real and what isn't.
Harry Potter: Ok, this appeals to the kid in me. How awesome would it beto go to Hogwarts! Instead of complaining about my logic class for boringme into a coma, I could complain about my History of Magic class. Andstill, that one's taught by a ghost! How cool is that?! (Though I couldargue that my logic professor is a zombie...)
And that's all I could come up with for now (that you hadn't already used).
Thank you Steph. I would like to know which one of my ideas you liked, myself?

1 comment:

Steph said...

You have many good ideas. There isn't a specific one that I was thinking.