Monday, April 04, 2005

More Virtual Universes for I Would Have If I Had An Otherland Account

Here are some more virtual worlds that I would create on my network.
  • Terry Pratchett’s Discworld This is a very funny series by British writer named Terry Pratchett. The basic idea is that you got a flat world on the back of four elephants standing on the back of a giant turtle and they are all flying about in Space. It is a highly magical world and is inhabited by these really quirky characters. I recommend you read the series.
  • The Human University This isn’t anything much beside a dream I have. It’s basically getting the greatest minds in human history including Socrates, Buddha, Jesus, Colombus, Muhammad, Leonardo Da Vinci, Galileo, Darwin, Gandhi, Elizabeth I, Shakespeare and Einstein in the same building. I would just like to chat with these guys and see how they would react. Think how cool it would be to hear a debate between Jesus and Nietzsche, or Gandhi and Alexander, or all the founders of the world religions.
  • Australian Dreamtime Australian mythology is a vast treasure trove of weirdness. I think it would be great to have this in my personal multiverse. For more information about Australian mythology go to http://www.godchecker.com/pantheon/australian-mythology.php
  • Neverland This isn’t as much for me, but for my sister Sprite. She loves the whole Neverland thing and I just would like to make this tribute to her.
  • El Dorado The Mesoamerican City of Gold. This falls into a theme of Europe’s view of the world in early days. Off course, I’m giving the Aztecs and advantage against the Spanish by giving them more advanced technology. There will also be a Fountain of Youth in Florida.The simulation would be ruled over by Quetzacoatl. There was a good cartoon movie about El Dorado, I recommend you see it.
  • World of Greek Mythology Greek Mythology is one of those things that should just be put in something like this. Greek Mythology is just great and full of lots of cool stuff. I would probably have my sim as Odysseus.
  • Roman Empire This is like Greek Mythology, something that should be on the network. One of the characters recreated the Roman Empire, but I would just like to have this in my private network because I like the Romans. I might take it up a notch and make it so that the Roman Empire never fell.
  • Tolkein’s Middle-Earth An additional must have. Middle-Earth is one of the great influences of my own Mythania. I would just like to see first hand what it would be like to be part of Tolkein’s world. This was also recreated in the novel.
  • Larry Niven’s Known Space This falls in with the Ringworld and will cover all of Larry Niven’s excellent universe. Complete with my favourite aliens, the Kzinti.

This is it. I'd like to hear what you guys think.

16 comments:

Steph said...

Middle-Earth and Greek Mythology are both must-have places. I don't know why I didn't think of those... As for the Roman Empire, that's a pretty cool idea too, but personally I'd go with the Persian Empire during Cyrus the Great's reign.

Dylan said...

All of the simulations I got the idea for are in the Otherland series, I just thought they were good ideas. My favorite in this is the human university because I like the concept of the greatesst minds in human history in the same building.

Steph said...

I have to agree with you there. (And you're right, a debate between Jesus and Nietzsche would be great!) ...I'll leave out my opinion on Nietzsche though..hehe

Dylan said...

I'm not sure I got that. It sound's like you have an objection to Nietzsche, which I understand.

Steph said...

You did get it; that's what I meant. I do indeed have an objection to Nietzsche. ;)

Dylan said...

I don't know if you are insulted on his views on Christianity or his whole "supirior man," thing, because Neitzche's concept of the superior man was one of a philosophical view, Plato had something like it.

Steph said...

I'm not "insulted" by him. I think he's a madman is all. That and he tends to be more poetic than philosophical, so people take what they want from his words. The "Ubermensch" was about the only interesting thing he has to say, and that is more along the lines of evolution and common sense than anything.

Dylan said...

True. I'm not really familiar with his work. All I know about him is what I read in an article and a science-fiction program, Andromeda. One of the species are called Nietzchians. Their are race of genetically inhanced humans.

Dylan said...

We need to find a more convinient way to have a conversation by the way.

Steph said...

Hehe.. Do you have MSN messenger or AOL instant messenger by chance?

Dylan said...

no

Steph said...

Then do you have any ideas?

Dylan said...

Were exactly would one get an MSN messenger or AOL?

Steph said...

Well, if one so desired to get MSN Messenger (because it is much better than AOL) he would go to http://www.messenger.msn.com Then he would download and install it. It's rather simple, but if one had questions, he could ask me them.

Dylan said...

one is happy, one will see what he can do.

Steph said...

hehe :)