Saturday, May 14, 2005

The Time Machine Triology P1: The Time Traveller's Device

(Inspired by the work of H.G. Wells)

Gentlemen
Please take your seats
Here I have gathered you
The scientific elites
To witness the most grand of feats

For years I have studied the nature of time
And while drinking my tea, seasoned with thyme
I came up with the answer, conclusion, therefor
What we call time is dimension number four
We move thru time as we do through space
And I thought to myself, well if that’s the case
I could construct a device
Construct myself a device that can
Travel. Through. Time

You don’t believe me
I can see how that can be
Just a minute. Let me see
I built a prototype that can
Travel through time. That’s the plan
Eventually I’ll build one to carry a man
Now just leave it alone on the tray
I pull the switch, it fades away
Into the middle of next Thursday

Now you may go back to your homes
There are things I must attend to.

4 comments:

Steph said...

I really like this. :)

Dylan said...

thank you

Dan said...

Hey. I'm just a weird guy with a blog. I should probably post something to introduce myself....anyway, I found your blog when I was looking for blogs of other people with Asperger's. Apparently there's not many of us that blog. I haven't really written too much about it on my blog yet but I'm planning on doing that soon. I've been kind of checking out your blog and liking some of the stuff you write, but not commenting too much to avoid seeming stalkerish.

I'll go post something on my blog to answer the "who are you?" question.

Dylan said...

Wow. Your an Aspie too? That's great.