Wednesday, May 11, 2005

My English Project

I’m having some emotional difficulty with my English project. I believe I talked about it in an earlier post. I decided to go along with enlightenment, because I had something to go along with. Then my educational assistant comes along and ruins all the fun. Just because I use the word enlightenment, she believes we should go along with Buddhist themes. I’m okay with Buddhism, but using Buddhist references are to obvious. I want to do stuff about the Gnostic Christians or The Matrix. God, that woman can just drive the fun out of anything.

3 comments:

Steph said...

Did you tell her that you think Buddhist themes are obvious and that you'd rather do something else?

Dylan said...

I think so, but she thinks that I need to keep this on an incredibly straight and narrow idea path. I just work on a diffrent level then her.

What I'd really like to do is work on my own stories. I don't have anyone bothering me that it's to crazy to put Jesus Christ, The Prophet Muhammad, Moses, Buddha and Krishna together during the depression or anything like that. I don't know what to do about anything.

Steph said...

Well, I just write what they tell me to write at school. I hardly ever put much thought into it (and my english teacher last year knew that quite well and lecture me many times). My own writing is completely separate from school. They way I look at it, school helps some, but if you're not interested in what you're writing, it's not going to be very good. School topics hardly ever interest me, so it's just a necessary evil.