Friday, May 13, 2005

Contemplating my Future Career as a Writer

While I was walking home from school today, talking to Ralph and eating M&Ms. I decided that I want to write about superheros. I don’t want to use the word superhero, mind you. I just want to write about superhero-like environments. I guess Naous is kind of like a superhero, but I really consider him kind of a cross between Doctor Who, Indiana Jones and a Hindu Mystic.
I do have a basic idea for an environment for superhero characters. It’s a 20th century time period that mixes elements of the world’s religions. I basically have two ideas for characters. The first is the superhero character, Ara’Do Muhammad. Ara’Do Muhammad is a jinn who was cursed with immortality and forced to protect humanity from various threats. The other is an idea that I’ve been tossing around about putting the founders of the world’s major religions together, so I’m putting people like Jesus Christ, The Prophet Muhammad, Siddhartha Gautama Buddha, Krishna, Moses, Confucius and other important religious figures in different eras. I don’t intend on giving them any powers, they’re just their for story ideas.
Maybe I should try my hand at writing superhero comics. Maybe I should sign on with Marvel. I like Marvel Superheros more then DC ones for some reason. I don’t know why, I’m probably more familiar with them because of the movies. But I’d like to come up with my own. I guess I could do an original thing and make independent comics. If I am going to make comics, I think I’ll alternate between Marvel and my own thing.
And if your all wondering "What? He’s going to do comics? Why would he do comics?" I have this to say to you, Ahem.
Also, I am working on a novel. Yes, I haven’t gotten anything published as of yet, so I shouldn’t be doing something as ambitious as a novel. But this isn’t just any novel. This is the first book in the Mythania Chronicles, taking place in a world that I am in a constant state of creation with. I’ll work on this novel for a few years until I get it right and in the mean time publish short stories and maybe a few shorter novels from my other universes.

3 comments:

Steph said...

That sounds really interesting, and I think it's a good idea. Ok, I'm not terribly interested in comics, never have been, but I think it's a good idea for you to give it a try. And the sound of your novel sounds interesting. What's it about?

Dylan said...

It's to complicated to post as a comment. Just a sec.

Steph said...

*laughs*