Thursday, November 30, 2006

Essays, more on Litvenko and Tur-pope-in.

Well, havn't blogged in awhile. So I might as well start now. Since it's the last day of November 2006. This month will never come again people. Just my luck it's raining outside.
So, I am supposed to be working on my English essay, which is due tommorrow, but I'm blogging instead, as you can see. This seems to be how I write stuff. The essay is basically me talking about Individualism and the counter-culture using various sources. I'm using Brave New World, by Aldous Huxley, One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest, by Ken Kesey, V for Vendetta, by Alan Moore, and the first three issues of Transmetropolitan. I've been working on it for weeks and I need a break. This dosn't look good for any future jobs, but I can't write that essay for much longer.
Let's talk about Alexander Litvenko for awhile. You remember that guy, claims to have been killed by the Kremlin. Well, it comes to my attention that this may be just one of those frauds. I don't know what to read, but Mr. Litvenko's Ghost. If your reading this and you faked this whole thing, then I'd like to curse your grave. I'm against oppresive regimes too, but you could at least blame them for things they've done, and not something you said they did. If you actually were poisoned by Putin, then good on you, but if you facked it, I am really disapointed. I wrote something that I thought was really touching man.
Next, Pope Benedict is in Turkey, trying to make up for saying that Muslims convert by the sword, something Christianity never did. Cough cough Conqistadors, cough cough, Crusades, cough cough. Sorry, about that. Damn seasonal allergies. Anyway, Pope Benny has been in really hot water ever since the whole ancient Byzantine text fiascoe and Muslims around the world are so pissed of about the Pope accusing Muslims of being violent that they've rioted, and killed a nun. Great idea by the way, prove your not being violent by attacking stuff. When you look at it really, the Pope's comments are a powder keg. He's the most powerful man on the planet, not just because he's the leader of the largest religious following on the planet, but because of a long history, he's also the leader of a religious group that has seriously pissed of alot of Muslims, especially fanatics like Bin-Laden, who are just looking for an excuse to kill everyone on the planet.
One last thing. Aparently one protestor at the Pope's gathering hade a sign saying "Haghia Sophia is Turkish and will remain Turkish." To him I say, who cares? Can't we all keep Hagia Sophia. Break down the useless political bounderies and unite in human brotherhood man. That's all.

No comments: