Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Untitled

I'm not really sure how this post is going to come out. I suppose that I could just do another long rant about how I'm being flooded with homework and how English is driving me nuts and how I desire a freedom unknown to me at this time, but who want's to read that? Is this what my life amounts too? Me whining about my day at school? Sigh.
This should be about my musings. I should be writing stuff that's important here. Instead I just bitch about English class and how I feel that I am trapped in my current life and I don't know how to get out. I feel so small and useless thinking about this. Do any of you enjoy reading about how much I complain?
Things I should write about...
  1. Poems. I write poetry sometimes. I should put up some poems.
  2. Photography. I don't have a camera, but some pictures would be nice to have around the blog. I don't have any pictures of me with my Jacket of OK-ness and my new +2 Bandana of Roses.
  3. More political and cultural commentaries. This means that I should try and read more about politics. I can do that.
  4. Be more honest with people. There are some thing about me that you don't know. I'm not sure I want to go through and tell you today, but I figure I might have to tell you eventually. Might be beneficial.
  5. GET A SOCIAL LIFE! I need to spend more time with people. I need to learn more about people and I need to start making freinds. I got freinds at the moment but I want them to be better freinds.

This is a bunch of stuff I heard on my yahoo radio. I'm using this as a list so I'll remember to get them. You can look into it for yourself

  • Tomorrow, (album Tomorrow. Song: Three Jolly Little Dwarves). Very psychedelic feel, along with a folkish element. Weird, must get.
  • Athletes (album: Tourist, Song: Wires) Judged this awhile ago. Has a depressed kind of sound with a bit of majesty. I can see how it is good. There are some jumps but I don't know if there intentional. Should check this out.
  • The Coasters, (album: 50 Coastin' Classics. Song: Charlie Brown) This is a good song. Catchy, has this good trumpet thing going. The lyrics are good and simple and the song isn't heavy. It's a nice light fun song.
  • The Rutles, just out of curiousity. There a parody of The Beatles by Eric Idle of Monty Python fame.

I want to be a writer. This damn blogging system won't let me end this as a paragraph so we got a run on paragraph or whatever you call this. Kind of like in lines of Alan Ginsberg's poetry. I got the complete collection of his poetic works at the public library. It's pretty good, but I have some difficulty understanding most of it. I have that problem with poetry.

I'm reading The Glass Menagerie in English. Well, I have read it more or less three times over. What with my feelings of overwhelmingness and lack of control oaround my own life I feel a certain kinship with the character Tom. Tom has to support his family by working at a job he hates and has every detail of his life closely monitered by his mother, Amanda. The only liberation he can find is going to the movies night after night, and drinking alcohol. I'm not an alcoholic or have to support my family, but I feel that I am in more or less the place Tom is in. We both have little control over our lives. God I am so goth today.

In recent news, a Russian spy has been poisoned recently in unknown cercumstances. It's a pretty interesting story. There's suspition that Purin, leader of Russia is behind this, because the spy, Alexander Litvinenko, has hade some difficulty with the whole Putin-having-his-opponents-killed-off-thing. The poison of choice is believed to be thallium, which looks like salt or sugar, disolves in water and has no odure, but it may be something else. I find this all very interesting. I hade little knowledge about what goes on in Russia. I imagine since there isn't a risk of the Russians dropping an atomic bomb on our heads we don't have much of a visible reason to worry about them. Still, this is kind of disturbing. If Putin's in the mood to knock of his opponents and risk to his regime, then we may soon see Communist Russia come back like a big atomic pheonix. Anyway, if your reading this Mr. Litvinenko, I'm roughting for youl. Keep sticking it to the man.

This is Writer. Signing out.

6 comments:

Jonathan said...

It doesn't really bother me, hearing about your hate of english class. I hate english class too, so it's kinda nice to hear someone else with the same opinion/problem. Aswell as that, it's okay to complain on blogs...cause that's kinda what they're for, right?

Steph said...

I agree. In fact, some of the most famous blogs are those run by people who do little else but complain about things. Not necessarily their English classes, but you gotta start somewhere, right?

And as to The Glass Menagerie, I've read that as well, and I know how you feel. I identified with a few characters from that actually.

And hang in there with the English class from Hell. Winter break is coming up in just a few weeks, so you'll get a well-deserved break soon, at least.

Dylan said...

Thanks for the advise. What do you think about my suggested changes?

Steph said...

I think they're rather good. Means you've given your blog a direction, something I wish I had the willpower to do with my own. I'd love to see your opinion on politics and some of your poetry. Why not post exerpts of stories as well so you can get some feedback? Just an idea.

Dylan said...

I'm afraid that someone will steal them. I might put some up. I'm working on something at the moment.

Dylan said...

yeah. I'm a lucky man.