Saturday, November 18, 2006

Trip to Toronto

Yesterday I went to an Animation Institute I forgot the name of in Toronto. It was fun and I got to make an animated short with these two kids from my school I usually don't hang out with. We made this guy who was originally going to be Ralph, but he became this creature I rename Carson. He goes a break dance and then walks away.
The real fun part was seeing all the cool stores. Some guys I usually hang out with at school showed me this clothing store called Blackmarket, which sells Vinatage clothing and stuff like that. I got a bandanna which I am wearing know and a bunch of new buttons. Buttons are my thing at the moment, I have a good collection of them. We also went to the Silver Snail were I picked up issues 5 and 6 of The Eternals by Neil Gaiman and a thing called Devi from Virgin Comics. I may have made a link there but I can't remember. I'll do it for this post anyway.
Anyway, one of the interesting bits of my trip was a woman walked up to me and asked me were she could find THC. I thought she was talking to my freind, who said that we didn't. I didn't find this strange, but I did tell them that I was sorry we didn't know. Then my freind turned to me and said "She was talking to you. She wanted to know were she could find some marijuana." I found this endlessly amusing. Apparently, THC is the stuff in marijuana that makes you high.
Mom is very happy that I could go to Toronto on my own, since she was worried that I wouldn't be able to do that. This is good for me also, since I plan on living in Toronto at some point. I also found a place that sells groceries down town so that would be place for me to get food.

6 comments:

Dylan said...

I didn't find it that scary at all.

Steph said...

I rather enjoy going places without my parents. It was scary at first though, I suppose...

Dylan said...

I hade some freinds with me, so I wasn't very scared.

Jonathan said...

I was a little woried when I found out I didn't quite know where we were going on the way to Sam the Record man...weren't you?

Dylan said...

Yeah, a little.
Everyone, this is Johnathan. He came with me to Toronto and helped us find Sam the Record Man. Just for the record here John, if you could refer to me as Writer that'd be great. I'm trying to keep my identity underwraps.

Jonathan said...

Sure, no problem.