Friday, June 03, 2005

What Should The Rest of Europe Done About Hitler?

I believe that the nations of the world should have used force against Nazi Germany. This may come to some as a surprise because I am usually a pacifist, but I am against everything that the Nazis stand for. It is also shown that Hitler would not listen to reason and would not give in to diplomacy, because of his actions against Poland. Some may argue that it would cost to much to declare war against Germany. I will respond to that by saying that money is no object in the battle against good and evil. I’m not glorifying the British and the French, they both have histories of discrimination, but
Nazi Germany’s attacks on minorities goes far beyond anything in human history. I say the Nations of the world should have done something. In my opinion they should have completely redone the treaty of Versailles, that way we could all be living in peace. However, in this cause, I would say defeat Hitler before he become’s a bigger problem.

2 comments:

chamoisee said...

Well, they firebombed Dresden and killed a lot of civilians and innocent people. IIRC it was not a military target...

I think that what shoudl be doen in such cases is to take out the leader ONLY. *Why* kill of people who are not directly involved, as we are doing in Iraq? I don't think war solves much, it only creates new greivances and conflicts.

Dylan said...

I agree with you there that they should have taken Hitler out without harming any of the people.

I'm from Canada, by the way. So I have nothing to do with Iraq.