Friday, June 17, 2005

in 2015...

The phone rings. I look up from the copy of my newest graphic novel and pick it up. I look out the window to see it starting to snow over the Toronto streets.
It’s my agent. "Hey," he says "I got the novel into an agent. They said we can expect it out over the summer, ". Yes, I thought. I had been working on Mythania for years. This year I had ironed out the finer points of the appendix. It drove my agent crazy when I turned in fifteen sections. We limited it down to information on the Doradane order, Political history, a much shorter section on language and a glossary. We have a conversation for awhile and decide to celebrate by going to an Italian place I heard of. I hang up.
I let out a yell of joy. My cat Zoroaster runs into the bathroom. I call up my parents and sisters and girlfriend to tell them what happened. Then I look thru my CD collection and pick out A Night at The Opera. I deserved it.

17 comments:

Steph said...

A Night at the Opera? Like, that actual CD, opera? Or Blind Guardian's A Night at the Opera?

Dylan said...

Queen's Night at the Opera

Dylan said...

I really like that album

Steph said...

*chuckles* I totally forgot about Queen. I like them, but I don't know that album. I just have their greatest hits, (and I find it thoroughly amusing that Bohemian Rhapsody isn't on it!)

Dylan said...

oh

Steph said...

By the way, based off this post, you plan on living in Toronto?

Dylan said...

yes

Steph said...

Can I ask why Toronto?

Dylan said...

Well, I've been there a cople times and something about it suddused me. That and I don't want to move the America because you guys don't have Medicare, so I think I will move to Toronto.

Steph said...

Um... I was under the impression that we did have medicare, but I suppose I could be wrong on that one. As for Toronto, for a Canadian who finds picking on poor, unsuspecting Americans (*winks*) amusing, for all practical purposes, Toronto is like an extension of America. It's not very Canadian at all from what I've seen.

Steph said...

We do have medicare. I just asked my dad.

Dylan said...

I mean free medical care. In Canada it is free. And it's not the American people I'm against, just your corrupt and decrepide government.

Steph said...

Fair enough, but if you can find a government that is not corrupt in some way, then you, my dear boy, must surely also have hung out with the legendary Sasquatch, riden on the Loc Ness monster's back, and visited Atlantis and returned with pictures.

Dylan said...

Well, I have met Sasquatch and the Loch Ness Monster, and I have seen Atlantis, but I don't have any pictures. Sorry. I just don't think I can get on well in the US. That and I believe that by the end of the century it will be a pretty bad place to live.

Steph said...

No pictures from Atlantis!!! How dare you!!! :P hehe..

And I'm not saying you SHOULD move to the U.S., I'm just saying that there's gonna be stuff you're not going to like about the government no matter where you live.

Dylan said...

I couldn't take pictures because I promised the Atlanteans that I would keep there location a secret so that the Arc of the Covenent, Advanced Alien Technology, Cabal of telekenetic Buddhist Monks, Last of the Marsians, Brain of Nixon and such will be kept out of the wrong hands. I've got information that could destroy the Soviet Union, baby.

Steph said...

*laughing hysterically*