Thursday, June 09, 2005

12 days until school ends, not including weekends

The heat, God I can’t stand it. I don’t know what it’s like for people in Cincinnati Bloody Ohio or wherever Dan is from, but the heat is killing me up here in Canada. Good thing I listened to my mom and put on the cool shorts. They’re good, but I have to tie them up with a string and that kind of annoys me.
Also, I understand that readers such as Steph are from the USA. I feel that you have the right to know that Canadians have been making fun of you guys. See, A Canadian comedian named Rick Mercer came to the United States and asked Americans there opinions on non-existent issues such as the reinstituting of the Saskatchewan Seal-hunt (Saskatchewan is land-locked) and that the Prime Minister of Canada is Jean Poutine (At the time it was Jean Chretien. George W. Bush Jr, fell for that one. Everybody laugh at the President). I just felt that American readers needed to hear about this.
By the way,click here and go to the bit about the D&D characters, trust me on this.
That’s all I can think off, auf Wiedersehen

3 comments:

Steph said...

Hehe... I'm not liking the heat much either, and I'd be willing to bet it's hotter here, due to being farther south. Fortunately I have a swimming pool, and if that's currently being ambushed by neighborhood childer or family members and their childer (grrr!) then there is a creek behind my house to swim in (as long as you don't mind fish nibbling on your toes).

As for being made fun of by Canadians, it's hardly anything new. Everyone picks on the Americans, myself included, it's just so easy. (Seriously, what other nation in the world would elect Dub-ya...twice???)

Steph said...

In regards to above post... I'm amazed that I managed to have the exact same typo twice...childer, as opposed to children. Hehe.

Dylan said...

yeah. I'll see if I can make some links to web sites that show clips from Talking to Americans.