Thursday, September 25, 2008

Weekend

This is a very special week in my university life. I am going to be staying the weekend at University.
Up till now I have always went home on weekends, but this week in a change of plans I am staying at the Bunker, and my family will come to me on Saturday. Were going to eat out somewhere and Dad and I are going to the local independent video store to see how that works.
This is a new thing for me, and while I like the idea I'm a little unsure about where this will all lead. I'm pretty sure I can stay here for a full two weeks, but it may also be to much of a push. I've already had my first outburst yesterday. Yes, I had a freak out at University. In my defense, the entire thing snuck up on me. Someone thought it would be funny to try and make a guy swallow a fish and I thought it was disgusting and started shouting "No. No," and "Your sick," until my throat was sore. The Chaplain had to take me outside. Everyone was surprisingly cool about the entire thing. One person even thanked me for having the outburst, which I thought was a bit surreal. I don't think that I'll have another outburst, but I am a bit nervous about this arrangement.
On the other hand I am starting to feel more comfortable at my University Dorm then at home. This is what really scares me, because I may never want to come back home except once a month for readings at the local coffeehouse. I just didn't find my blanket back home warm enough, the duvae cover I have here as spoiled me.
Well, I'll update you later on this sort of thing.

No comments: