Tuesday, September 30, 2008

No Mustache

Well, I saw Birth of a Nation. I'm not going to go over it to much, except to say that while being technically brilliant and prety racist, it became pretty corn ball at the end all things considered and I felt like I needed to be clensed. I showered around the time I got home and today I shaved of my mustache, as my mennonite forebearers did before me. They did it in protest of the military who all hade mustaches. I don't really know if this is a good look for me as of yet, but we'll wait till my beard grows out.
Well, besides that University is going pretty good. I've got a handle on my English essay, did I tell you I have to write an English essay? Well, I got that under control and I have a test in Bible I feel pretty confident about. I'm feeling pretty fortunate to have such a light courseload and my own room. I'm pretty much the only person here who has his own room. Things don't seem to change much, occasionally something interesting happens. A guy I know had to dress up as a woman recently but I'm not going to get into much detail because he's didn't really enjoy the experience.
I've enjoyed Sons and Lovers alot, but now that I'm actually reading it for the sake of an essay it's kind of annoying. I'm not used to rereading a book so soon after reading it. It's an interesting experience and will probubly reread a few more at sometime just to see how it's going. A Condederacy of Dunces is also a good read. I havn't read alot of the Borges recently.

No comments: