Thursday, September 25, 2008

Desperatly Missing Steph

Well, I'm at the University library and am seriously missing Steph for conversation. I got four books I'd love to tell her about, but I can't because she a) I can't talk to her on MSN from here for some reason and b) Blogger isn't working for her for some reason. So now I'm just going to have to talk about it on my own.
Well, the first thing I picked up was an omnibus edition of Jack Kerouac's Road Novels, which includes On the Road, which I've already read, but also contains The Dharma Bums, The Subterraneans, Tristessa, Lonesome Travelers and excerpts on his Journals from the time these novels take place. Along with that I have a copy of Teahouse of the Almight, a collection of poetry by a lady named Patricia Smith I heard about from Indeefeed: Performace Poetry, the collected Poems and Prose of Gerard Manly Hopkins and a collection of Surrealist fiction. I've been thinking about taking a long look into surrealism, and seeing if I can't pick anything up from surrealism, and this book has a list of various surrealist writers and there work which I can look at.
Other then being lonely, everything is looking nice since last post. I had a pretty good dinner, not what I was hoping for, but we'll have perogies tomorrow for lunch. I'm honestly looking forward to staying the weekend. It may be a bit of a problem next week, but if I stay mostly in my room then I don't think it will be a problem.

No comments: