Saturday, December 16, 2006

A whole whack of movies I've seen

I'm happy today, I wasn't very happy to start out with but I'm happy now. Why am I happy? Well I found this cool little video store in my hometown called The Giant Squid. It's not really prominent, but it has some really cool movies including alot of stuff by Kevin Smith and the Neverwhere TV series. I got Neverwhere for free because it's my first time. I also saw the first bit of Kung Fu Hustle, but it's in chinese and the subtitles didn't work so I didn't stick around. Shame, since it was a pretty cool looking movie. I'll have to get it.
So, anyway. In recent times I have seen many way cool movies, which I will know review for you.
First I would like to thank Steph for telling me about the movie Dogma, what was it a year ago? Anyway, after many moons of waiting and failing to finish the screenplay they have at my local library I finally watched it. And it was a great movie. The basic plot is that these two angels named Loki and Bartleby really ticked God of during the Old Testament and were damned to spend eternity in a place worse then hell (i.e. Wisconsin). After centuries of sitting in airports and screwing with the clergy, they have found a loop-hole in Catholic dogma that will allow them to re-enter Heaven. The bad thing about this is that by doing this they are prooving God wrong by returning to Heaven, which God said they couldn't, and as of such negating all existance. The only people who can stop them are an Abortion Clinic Employee named Bethany, two guys named Jay and Silent Bob who are supposed to be Prophets, and the Thirteenth Apostle, Rufus who plans on correcting some major flaws in the Bible, such as him not being in it.
This movie is the best satire on Christianity since Monty Python's Life of Brian. I recommend it to everyone except my grandparents, either pair. Mainly because of the ecsesive use of the f-word and the fact that my dad's parents are Catholic, which isn't portrayed in a flattering light what with there stupid rules almost destroying existance and all.
The next movie I saw yesterday and was also a movie I was waiting a long time to see. This was a Romantic Comedy about two people with Aspergers Syndrome called Mozart and the Whale. I'm not really big on such movies, but since both these people have Aspergers Syndrome. It's a good movie that people familiar with Asperger's Syndrome would find amusing, and maybe people unfamiliar with Asperger's Syndrome.
Anyway, that's all the movies I've seen. Not as many as I thought. Well, I'd like to move soon becaus something close to me smells like old gym socks and I'm afraid it's the lady beside me. Bye.

3 comments:

Dylan said...

My mom got it on DVD, I'm pretty sure it's an independent film.

ZZZZZZZ said...

Sounds like a pretty great movie! Hope you had a nice weekend!

Dylan said...

Don't worry. It was a good weekend.