Thursday, December 28, 2006

Galactic Civilizations II, Dread Lords

Well, as many readers should know, one of the things on my wish list is Galactic Civilizations II. Thanks to my dad's parents, I got a copy and have been playing on it ever since.
A review? Well, it's not that much different from Sid Meier's Civilization. I've hade fun with the game I got going. I wrote that you can play as a civilization you made up awhile ago? Well, I did up the stats for the Awakenist Ascendent. Awakenism being the religion founded by Naos in my future history. It was going pretty well, I made contact with a bunch of nice people. Then a bunch of mean civilizations started moving into there territories. The Torians were destroyed by the Drengin, the Yor were nearly destroyed by the Altarians, and the Drath were nearly destroyed by the Arceans. The Yor and Drath joined my team however, so know I got these free planets on the other side of the galaxy.
So, I'm stuck feeling like I have to do something about the Altarians. I'm getting quite a big military, so I figure I might as well make an attack on them. Of course, this might cause an attack from Earth. I don't really know if I'm up to a full-scale invasion. That and the Altarians have alot of land. I'll have to think about this. Any ideas?
And yes, I am aware how pathetic this sounds. God, I need freinds that arn't imaginary or on the internet.

No comments: