Thursday, December 14, 2006

Internet dating services

You ever get that spam mail with the Russian ladies who apparently feel the need to have a man in there lives. Stuff like that, I'd put up a better picture, but I don't really have anything I can do since I deleted the one I found in spam. I was just wondering if I should do something like this. You know, sign up to go out with one of these Russian ladies. This brings up all kinds of questions however.
The first, and most prominent is am I doing this because I want a girlfreind or do I just want to get laid? I suppose people who don't know me that well would think that I would just want a girlfreind, but let's be honest. I'm a teenage male, if I got a chance to get laid I'd probubly take it. The pictures of the women on the thing that they sent to me is kind of provocative. Nothing really revealing or anything, but I could detect a level of seduction.
Women are a mystery to me. I admire them greatly, if only because they look good. I know that most of my readers are women, so I apologize if this offends you. I don't mean to look at women as just aestetically pleasing and having a mysteriousness about you. And yes, most of my facination comes from sex. I've never had sex and like the virgin I am, it holds a mysterious quality. I'm nervous about having sex. Will I do it right? Will I make a good lover? What if I cry during the process? I can easily see myself break into tears during the love making process. Why would I break into tears? I don't know. I'm not sure I can talk about it yet.
I've never been on a date. I suppose I should have said this before I said that I've never hade sex, but hey I'm a teenager. I got a vague idea of what is expected of me for a date. I've got to pick up the girl (problem: no wheels and can't drive), and give her dinner (I pay) and a movie (I probubly pay for that too). I can probubly spring for food. At Crabby Joe's you can get a good deal for chicken wings on Mondays, and she could probubly provide the ride, it's the new millenium. It's just that I've never really hade any good relationship with a woman. I hade very strong feelings for some women, but they didn't return it. There's another woman, or girl, or whatever you call female teenagers, who I have feelings for but I'm afraid to tell her. What if she says no, what if she says yes? What if she's already going out. I have suspitions about that. What if I have the chance to go out with her and I don't take it and I loose that chance which I will regret for the rest of my life? What if I'm doomed to lonlieness? What if I don't want a girlfreind for the right reasons? What if I'm just some horny teenager hiding his emotions under a blanket of philosophical musings stolen from French minstrels?
Yeah, thats it.

4 comments:

ZZZZZZZ said...

hmm. I would say, leave the Russian ladies alone! Who knows who they actually are and what they really look like once they come knocking on your door! hehe

Steph said...

Yeah, I would have to agree with that. If you want to do some kind of internet dating, you should go to a site that's well known and not just jump at any Russian women spam emails you get. Not safe at all.

And as for the rest. Well, everyone feels like that at some point. I mean, contrary to popular belief, women have just as big a sex drive as men. Just that we're more... prudent (in most cases.) However, I would have to say that if you're not sure whether or not you really like the girl as opposed to just wanting to "get some" then I would suggest that you step back and give it some more thought. Girls have a kind of radar for men who are just out to get into their pants. So be careful of your intentions.

And about dating and love in general, I'm not at all an expert, but you can't really say at this (or any) point in your life that you're simply doomed to loneliness and that's that. Part of the greatness of love is that 99% of the time it's totally unexpected and spontaneous.

Moral of the story: don't get down just because you don't have a girlfriend right now. Sooner or later you will have, and you'll get to see for yourself what it's like. (And believe you me, it's not all candy and flowers.)

Dylan said...

thank you for the advise, Steph and Shelia

Dylan said...

Don't worry about it Megan. I'm over it.