Friday, December 22, 2006

I am Free. I am Free (and freedom has the taste of Christmas without snow, Sigh)

So I was getting ready to make today's post when I see that they are out of beta. As many bloggers should know, blogger beta is the new thing that came up awhile ago. What they mean by being out of it I have no idea. I'm a little annoyed at this development because they shouldn't run out. How can you run out of data? Somebody get me a computer geek to explain this.
So anyways, I am free from the confines of the oppresive school tyranny, huzah! Today, I have spent my time hanging with my little cousins and pretending to be a delivery pirate, i.e. pirates who do deliveries. Whatever pirates deliver I don't know. I figure it's rum or something.
As I said, this isn't technically part of my first day of Christmas vacation. I got the day off because of the sheer pointlessness of todays proceedings. First, there's an assembly (gag) or as I like to think of them, mass nationalism-trainings. Second, there's a student-teacher hockey game, which I care even less for. Especially the big deal they make out of it. They do this whole Coach's Corner thing, the teachers generally bad mouth the student team. I have enough trouble standing through the national anthem. They did loose the CD yesterday though, unfortunatly this just lead to some girl coming on and singing the entire thing without the hope of a technical error. Cure you Gods. Cures you! So, like many other kids, I skipped and hung out at my aunt and uncles. I also broke my high score on computer pinball.
Anyway, today I will celebrate my getting a bunch of movies for me and my family to watch, and in family I mean me, my dad and Delila(my sister). I'm thinking I should pick up Pulp Fiction, for some action and then maybe a comedy of somekind. I'm also a bit curious on Yellow Submarine, if only because I suspect this to be the favorite movie of Naos Ben-David. I'll have to check.
Here's my own version of that thing Shelia has up on her blog.
  1. Hot Chocolate or Egg Nog? Hot Chocolate.
  2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? The presents are wrapped by the gnomes. Santa does deliver presents to my house wrapped however.
  3. Colored lights on tree/house or white lights? I don't know.
  4. Do you hange mistletoe? No, to much risk of kissing my sisters.
  5. When do you put your lights up? If I could I'd put them up in the living room or den or something all year round. Sadly, I must wait until I get my own place.
  6. What is your favorite holiday dish? Stuffing
  7. Favorite holiday memory? Hm. Just the idea of sitting around a tree getting presents. Merges into itself really.
  8. When did you know the truth about Santa? That he was a half-alien shaman? Last Christmas. I can't say anything else.
  9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Just clothes.
  10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? Little glass bells with otters in them.
  11. Snow, love it or dread it? I wish I hade snow. It's all gone.
  12. Can you ice skate? Hate it, so no.
  13. Do you remember your favorite gift? I'm going to say the Lord of the Rings trilogy. Or maybe my Mp3 player.
  14. What's the most important thing? Sweet Holiday Ok-ness
  15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? Pie. Anykind of pie. Except Rhubarb
  16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Every single one of my imaginary freinds coming over to stay at my place. Weird, since few of them are actually Christian.
  17. What tops your tree? Star.
  18. Which do you prefer, giving or recieving? Both is fine, just as long as I recieve.
  19. What is you favorite Christmas song? You're all going to hate me for this, but Santa got run over by my Chevi. I heard it on Little Steven's Underground Garage last week and for some reason I loved it. I also like Chipmunk's Roasting on an Open Fire.
  20. Candy canes, yuck or yum? Me, I don't care either way.

7 comments:

Dan said...

They name test phases for software after letters in the Greek alphabet (although, as far as I know, most software only needs Alpha and Beta testing). Alpha testing is done entirely internally - trying to work out major bugs in the software and such. Beta testing is done by giving a limited number of users (or in the case of new software, potential future users) access to the new software. In the case of Google products, "Beta" software is often widely available and software is often in Beta for an extremely long time - GMail is technically still in Beta, for example.

...so, Blogger being out of Beta means that they're done watching Beta users play with it, and they're satisfied that the software is good enough and bug-free enough to release to everybody on Blogger.

(and none of this has anything to do with running out of data :-) . I bet you didn't realize I was a computer geek...)

Dan said...

Oh, and I completely agree on the topic of school assemblies. Complete waste of time - and darned annoying. The last few years of high school I also wound up just skipping school during them.

Of course, in college, we get off for winter break sooner. That's always a good thing.

Since I doubt I'll comment again in the next couple days, Merry Christmas, Happy New Year...and Happy whatever else you celebrate. Boxing Day?

Dylan said...

Thanks Dan. And a happy new year to you too.

Steph said...

lol, ditto to what Dan said, really. But just to be a little more personal, I'll wish you a separate Merry Christmas (or has they say here in Norway, "God Jul") Hope it's a great one.

Oh, and I'm going to steal that little survey thingy for my blog later on, if you don't mind.

Dylan said...

That's okay. I stole it from Shelia myself.

ZZZZZZZ said...

What a great Christmas thingy! I don't really know what to call it except I was tagged with the questionare and so I put mine up as well. School assemblies were bull crap. If I wasn't a cheerleader or on the pom squad I totally would have skipped them.

Dylan said...

thanks for the feedback Shelia