Tuesday, December 05, 2006

The Craziest Days of the Craziest Month of the Craziest Year in Christendom

According to science-fiction Writer-Gods, Robert A. Heinlein and Spider Robinson, this time in human history will be known as the crazy years, and future generations (if any) will look back on us and say how the hell did we survive? or See, this is why we didn't survive and are living a million miles underground, Damn you, Twelve Monkeys. So any way, since the Christian west pretty much controls the rest of the world, and Christmas is coming up all the people are going crazy. Like many things, I blame this on Reptilian alien-demons from alternate earths of strife and destruction. You'll learn more about these guys once I get around to writing Song of the Sixties.
Anyways, I'm not really envolved in this mad shopping and I'm not really sure that I want too. I like getting stuff for Christmas, but I'm not sure this is right. I'm not even sure Jesus wants us to worship him, let alone go crazy on the day that we say it's his birthday. (It happens to be the same birthday as Osiris and Dionysus, also guys who came back from the dead for the good of humanity. May just be when they all go out for coffee who cares?).
I was thinking maybe I could get around this by writing everyone a story. It dosn't have to cost me any money and it comes from the heart, which is alot more sincere then an Ipod. The only problem is that I'm not sure that everyone would enjoy a story I wrote. My little sister had this whole thing about me writing the word damn in a story. What do you guys think

3 comments:

Steph said...

Yeah, I agree with you both. And personally, I'd rather get a gift from the heart than from the wallet. It just means more.

ZZZZZZZ said...

Christmas has become very commercialized and it is sad. I am a writer too. I don't write much sci fi but I like reading some. Gifts from the heart are always a great thing!

Dylan said...

Wah! Someone new. Hello, Welcome to the blog.