Thursday, December 01, 2005

STREAM OF THOUGHT!!!!! THOUGHT OF STREAM!!!!! STREAM OF THOUGHT!!!!! THOUGHT OF STREAM!!!!!

Well, the most recent event that comes to mind is today in math class. Some kid who will go by the name Shaka for reasons that will soon become clear to you said he was a Zulu. For those of you that don’t know, Zulu’s are a tribe in South Africa known for there warrior culture. I don’t believe he is a Zulu, mainly because he is white, and he doesn’t have a South African accent. I didn’t bother him about it, because you don’t disagree with someone who is delusional. I should know, I am delusional.
On the subject of putting people in the categories of black and white and Chinese and all that, I think we should get rid of it. I also think we should stop calling people African-American and Japanese-American and native-American. African-Americans can keep that if they like, but they aren’t really African since they weren’t born there, but they can still call themselves that if they want to. I think we should just call everybody humans or people.
On the subject of the word Native-American, I think we should just call them by their respective tribes, since America is not really an idea created by the Aztecs, Navaho (sorry if I’m not spelling that right), Sioux or Cree, as much as a European concept. I’ve never actually met a member of the various tribes of the original inhabitants of North America, at least not to my knowledge, so I’m probably not an expert on this, but this is just what I think.
I don’t remember if I told you about this in the last post, but I’m going to do it anyway. Last weekend, I got two new books at the Chapters in a near-bye major city. I got Anansi Boys, by Neil Gaiman. Anansi Boys is a good book, and is not as dark as some of Neil Gaiman’s other works. I’m starting to wonder if I’m not just reading his book because I just here he’s really good. I really liked Neverwhere though, that’s a good sign. The other book was about the Chronicles of Narnia. I have another book that is basically the same format as this one about Lord of the Rings. It had a back article that talked about some of the controversy of the Chronicles of Narnia. Apparently C.S. Lewis had racist tendencies. In one of his books he used a racial slur (one of the Narnia books, don’t know which one) and he agreed with his brother that he didn’t agree that the Chinese were actually human. This is just crazy and somewhat disillusioning. First H.G. Wells, now C.S. Lewis. Anyway, it’s a good thing he’s dead know, because if we met we would probably end up being pried apart by the other writers over my portrayal of Jesus in one of my comic books, or Naos or something. Probably be pretty funny though, after we all had sometime to cool off. I don’t think C.S. Lewis was a violent man, but we would probably end up yelling at each other at the most.
Anyway, this has been my thought process. On another note, I would like to know how Steph underlined her post. I don’t seem to have that command.

2 comments:

Steph said...

I just sat here imagining watching a fight between you and CS Lewis. I'm rather amused! :P

And as for the lines in my post. It's the horizontal rule. HTML. "< hr >" (minus the spaces) puts a line, sort of like a page break in your post.

Dylan said...

okay, thank you