Tuesday, December 06, 2005

It's been awhile since I (da da da da da) found time to blog again

Well, the biggest thing to happen was my friend Loncrow came over for the weekend. He brought the new Soulcaliber 3 game. We got to make our own characters and I used characters I made up such as Ar’ado Mahmoud and Callager. You probably don’t know them, but they will be in my works somewhere. Probably a series of comic books (whoops, graphic novels) that I plan on working on. You can expect Jesus, Emperor Norton the 1st and a parody of Cerebus the Aardvark and his creator Dan Sims. That is if he’s okay with it, and if I actually talk to him about it. Considering he lives on his own in isolation I doubt it.
Anyway, I have a new book that I used the last of my birthday money on. It is the first volume of the Bone series by Jeff Smith. It is a graphic novel about these three guys named Fone Bone(the every man hero), Phoney Bone (an ex-millionaire who schemes his way thru most of the series) and Smily Bone (a less-intelligent version of Groucho Marx). They are all chased out of their home in Boneville because of an unsuccessful campaign by Phoney and find themselves outside of charted territory and in a mysterious valley. They are quickly brought into an epic battle between good and evil. It is one of the best books I have ever read. I rank the series with Hyperion, Otherland and the Dark Elf Trilogy as books that I really loved.
Okay, can’t think of anything else. End blog post.
Thought: Is there any official name for blog posts?

2 comments:

Margaret said...

Hello Hello - The creator of Cerebus is Dave Sim, and he is very much open to writing the ole fashion snail mails. And from his Collected Letters 2004, it seems that he gets "samples" of comics / graphic novels from indie creators - so once you get something done, you could send it to him and see if he'll give you any feedback. If you want to write him, just use the snail mail addy here under "contact info" and tell him I said Hi :D
http://www.cerebusfangirl.com/buycerebus.html

Dylan said...

okay