Saturday, January 03, 2009

I Meantime To Postage on New York But I Had Noticeable To Sayable

Tomorrow I return to University. I'm pretty psyched to return, since I got some pretty awesome courses lined up. I do need to pick up the books that I need for my course. I'm not sure what these books are exactly though.
My new laptop is broken. I may have gotten into explaining this, but I have one of those new Acer laptops that a couple of you may have seen. The real small ones, the baby laptops, yeah those are the ones. Well, mine isn't doing that well at the moment. It's frozen up as is my complete body of work, all two short stories and three poems, not to mention the one short story I was working on. I hope that my Uncle can fix it.
I ran into some old friends and we talked a bit about my writing, most notably Last Dance Revelation or Revolution. Anyways, she (it was a she) said that it sounded more of a movie, which is something I think she mentioned before. To be honest, I think she may have a point. The story does deal a lot with film. There is the issue of how I'm going to get the money once I film it, but I think that maybe Last Dance Revelation could make a good movie. I'd have to trim it down, read a couple of screen plays to see how they work, and probably take a few more film classes, or if I can't do that then I'll have to start going to Generation X and the Princess Cinema to learn more about movies, not to mention reading my entire film text book.
I'd have to do a lot on the movie. If I'm going to write it, then I'm also going to direct it. I don't want some chump messing up my story. Someone I know told me that there are a lot of good Independent Companies in Canada, and maybe I'll hook up with them. There's also a film club at Waterloo, I could probably sign up with them, see if I can't learn anything.
And finally, the strangeness of the title is part of a surrealist game I did on a lark. I replaced the words I wanted with the word in the dictionary it was under. I may do this more often, next time I'll do the twenty-third word under maybe.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sorry to hear about the acer. when i get back from alabama this week we can talk about backup so you don't lose anything.
Uncle Tee

Dylan said...

Thanks Uncle Tee. Things are pretty good. I have a back up drive for my work and my computer is fixed. Would still love to get together sometime though.