Wednesday, January 14, 2009

The Big Winter Semester House Meeting Hoohow


I really like the idea of posting pictures with my blog. I'm not sure why but it makes it look more interesting, though I admit that I'm just taking pictures of myself using my camera right now. This may in fact be one of the major pictures as I would like the picture in question to have something to do with the topic and the topic I blog the most about is myself.
So, tomorrow is the big get together at the WPIRG, which is the local youth activism organization on campus. This will take place almost immediatly after my WoD game, so I have a very busy day tomorrow. I'm not praticularly worried however, since Friday all I'll be doing is handing in an essay I'm very close to finishing. Well, essay isn't the proper word since it's only supposed to be three to four pages long. I have vague recollections about a time when an essay was that long, but that should be impossible, because everyone knows essays have six to ten pages and footnoting. Oh, those dark savage days with no footnoting, when man had to rely solely on MLA to write his essays.
Well, other then the essay things are pretty good. My only real problem is that I'm not talking to the Dons this week and I'm not sure that they got the message. Why am I not talking to the dons you ask? Well I'll tell you. It was the big house meeting at the beginning to the semester when everyone gets together to hear the rules. I find this annoying because I already know the rules and I had to put jeans on (One of the many advantages of having a single room). It is apparently a tradition of the dons to pull a Weird Al and rewrite the words to a major song that everyone will recognize and relate it to the duties of being a don. This semester was Kate Perry's "I kissed a girl (and I liked it)." (Spit). Since I was already ticked off, and Kate Perry (spit) has total irrelevance to me at best I am not talking to any of the dons until Monday. If anyone from my residence is reading this, and I know some of you are, please tell the dons about this new development. I am sorry, but I'm sticking to my principles, no matter how much they make me look like a snobbish University Arts Major who reads Artaud and Apollinaire and attends weird perfomance art things.

No comments: