Saturday, January 24, 2009

3...

Thursday was my WoD game, which as some of you may know I'm trying to play as a pacifistic character as possible. So far it's pretty good, though admittedly most of the time my character, Ezekiel Talbot, has been in the hospital for being mauled by a walking corpse. (He isn't saying zombie because he's an occultist and as far as he's concerned, zombies are poor possessed people from Haiti who are relatively harmless). So far the only real damage he has done to anything is himself because he failed a resolve check when entering the area of Death, and thus had to try killing himself in some kind of way. Since he doesn't carry any weapons it was pretty easy. After my character tried to crash the car the other characters decided to keep an eye on me. I'm thinking about giving my character advances in Psychology and making him the back-up exorcist for the group's Priest character.
On another note, I have returned to my hometown for what is basically a day. It's nice to be home, because my favorite cafe is home as well as a decent bed and shower. I actually feel clean after taking a shower at home, where at Conrad Grebel my skin just feels funny. And a tempurpedic mattress beats the old hard thing back at Waterloo any day of the week, especially Fridays and Saturdays when I actually use it.
But this weekend is not just about fun and games, I have much work to complete. For instance I've got a test in Philosophy on Tuesday. I need to look over everything I learned to prepare. This may be a bit difficult, as I haven't really paid as much attention in Philosophy, and it's hard to take notes because the teacher goes really fast. I haven't got note takers yet, but once I get all the forms filled out I'll have one.
Notes are really hard for me to take in class because when I finish them, the teacher has long gone on from that and I'm still on something that was said long ago and I've missed something really important. My way of interpreting information is like a quine line and when teachers try to give me information and I write down I can't do it. The information trips up on itself and I need to just listen. That's why note takers are so important to my education. Mom says that one day I'm going to need to stop using note takers, but I don't know if that will be possible.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What about recording the class on a small tape recorder. Then you can go back and relisten to it at a later time. Good luck on the test!!!!

Dylan said...

Thought of that. I don't have a tape recorder

Anonymous said...

a tape recorder is much cheaper than a note taker, I'm sure the university would be happy to provide one for you.