Monday, January 19, 2009

First Day of Tango Lessons (belated)

Sunday was free Tango and Swing Lessons. As many of my frequent readers may know, I took some Tango lessons back in my High School days and I was hoping to get back in the swing of it. Seems that my old Tango teacher and the new one have drastically different styles of teaching. I'm not sure which one I prefer, because with Max you just jumped right in, where as here we don't even get to use our hands. I have to press my chest up against my partner, which is a little frustrating but probably how the dance works. I'm still a bit frustrated because I don't really have it set.
On another good note I made a new friend. She was my dance partner for bits of the independent dance. We ended up hanging out most of the night. She's pretty cool, from Toronto and has a very jubilant nature that rubbed off on me. As usual, I will not name her derectly, but I think I gave her the address to my blog. If not, I'll email it to her.
Also, in more recent news, it's Obama's Inaguration. I have no idea when it is. It could be going on right now. I hope that I can see it, if not for only the historical factors involved.

No comments: