Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Good News and Bad News and anything that might fall inbetween

So I've got a cold, which means that it will soon be spring. Yeah, no more snow and I got a three day weekend, even though I felt like shit all Monday and couldn't get to sleep. Ironically, most of the night was spent having a dream about how I couldn't get to sleep and watched a movie based on Alejandro Jodorowsky's Metabarons series, which was a graphic novel detailing the history of a family of cyborg warriors using elements from Alejandro Jodorowsky's unfinished Dune movie. Strange thing is, I've never read anything in the Metabarons series beyond a preview, I just looked at it and thought that it was The Metabarons. Maybe it was the unfinished Dune movie, and I was seeing it from an alternate universe where it was completed. Ironically, I'm rereading the novel Dune. I don't know if it has any connection, probubly dosn't as Jodorowsky only used the basic idea of the book.
In other news, I'm taking Tango lessons on Wednesdays. The teacher, a fellow student who we'll call Max since that's the name of a character who will be based of this individual. I got a basic lesson in the Tango, learning how to step and twirl my partner, who in this case was Max's girlfriend. (There weren't many people there). Max says I'm a natural, and once I got the hang of it I really enjoyed myself.
And on a sadder note, The Giant Squid, the independent video store I went to practically every Friday night, is closing it's doors for the last time. They couldn't get enough money, so they had to close down. This makes me feel very sad, not only because the Giant Squid had some of the best movies I had ever seen, it now means I have nowhere to go on Fridays. The Giant Squid turned me on to such cool stuff as The Big Lebowski, Alejandro Jodorowsky and Twin Peaks. A big thank you to the guy who used to run the Giant Squid for letting me borrow the last seven episodes of Twin Peaks. It greatly saddens me that they had to close, and I am going to start going to more independently owned stores so that things like this never happen again.
Just came down to finish up this post. I hope that you all enjoy the update on my life. I plan on doing a tribute to the Giant Squid sometime.

No comments: