Friday, March 28, 2008

Odd Little Phone Conversation

So here I was at the computer when the phone rang.
Me: Hello.
Phone-Guy: Hello, I am with Something-something phones. Is Mr or Mr. Writer available so we sell them a cell-phone.
Me: I don't want a cell phone.
Phone-Guy: But a cell phone can be a very important item.
Me: I don't want to want people calling me.
Phone-Guy: But what if your in an emergency? Say, if your in a car...
Me: I don't drive cars. I don't plan on ever learning to drive a car. (This is true)
Phone-Guy: Um, okay, let's say if your outside...
(At this point I didn't want to talk to him, but I didn't want to hang up for some reason. So, I did the only thing I could think off. I lied)
Me: Um, that wouldn't happen either. I never leave the house. I'm a shut-in.
Phone-guy: A shut-in?
Me: Yeah.
Phone-guy: But, what if you want to contact your parents...
Me: I'm sorry this phone line might be taped. (I hang up)
So that's what happened. I was probubly mistaken in that I should lie to him about being a shut-in. I think the appropriate thing to have done is to say "Nobody would like a cell phone." I may have said that, but he kept up going on. I also have a question for Steph, who used to be a telemarketer, if this is something telemarketers enjoy. Just thought that I'd post this.

2 comments:

Steph said...

I don't think I would have enjoyed it, exactly, but I would have laughed after you hung up on me. :P

Dylan said...

Okay, thanks for that. I was wondering what you'd think about this.