Wednesday, March 05, 2008

DeviantArt Blues

I'm thinking about leaving DeviantArt, or at least pulling my art from it. I don't trust it anymore. I'm getting news about stealing and stuff like that. Also, the name is completely misleading. DeviantArt is not made up of bohemian starving artist types, from what I can see it's more people who are into Magna and Anime (which is a genre I am getting really annoyed buy). Also, the people behind DeviantArt can censor art they believe is offensive. The entire point about being a Deviant is that your supposed to be offensive. People thought Picasso was offensive when he was out. Heck, all the great artists of the early 20th century wouldn't be allowed on DevinatArt if it was around in there time.
My problem is that there are still some artists I want to keep an eye on. If I pack up and leave DeviantArt, then I can't see what there up too. I guess I could just take down all my art, but keep watching the people who I want to watch, but a couple people have already "faved" my work and I don't want to disturb them. Of course, if I don't want to be on DevinatArt then I guess they shouldn't be a factor.
This was my delema, but I'm really thinking I should leave DeviantArt.

No comments: