Saturday, March 08, 2008

I need a Dungeons and Dragons fix

So Gary Gygax is dead. The man who invented Dungeons and Dragons, and therefore the Role-Playing Game, has passed away. His character sheet has been erased and has gone up to Role-Player's Valhalla where he will feast with the mighty Role-Players of the past.
I havn't played a game of Dungeons and Dragons in ages and I think it's time to get that 20-sided Dice out of retirement. My only problem is that I don't have anyone I can play with. My sisters are either too young or not interested. Maybe I should just work on getting Mythania as a campaign setting done.
Mythania is becoming more frustrating for me. I'm starting to want to abandon the entire concept. I have to change the name because someone has already gotten the name Mythania. I'm also thinking about having it as a series of planets. Not sure how that should work exactly, but there should be like nine major planets and various moon-type things orbiting gas giants. The main planets would have the major civilizations, while the moons are largelly unexplored and is considered to have all kinds of lost civilizations and bandits and good stuff like that. That and there's like over eighty something sentient species in Mythania, most of which I probubly won't get into.
I'm a bit worried about the extensive sentient species. The standard fantasy universe generally has like five, but Mythania or whatever I'm going to call it from now on is going to have several, and I don't know how people will react to that. I suppose only like ten or twenty will be of any real importance, but people will attach to these little species that don't matter much and write fanfic or something like that.

No comments: