Thursday, February 28, 2008

So Behind. So very, very behind.

I'm skipping ahead to Neo-Classisical poetry, inpraticular The Rape of the Lock by Alexander Pope. This poem makes no sense to me. I have no idea what's going on, probubly because it's uses epic language to explain daily events, which confuses me. I have many issues with the Greeks and Romans, such as the fact they glorified war, and I don't see why anyone would want to emulate them. So they're old and dead, so are man-eating sabertooth tigers. At least the tigers didn't write confusing 16-page long poems about a woman applying make-up and slyphs and gnomes and stuff.
I've worked out a theory for literature, and probubly art and general. Basically, people do something that uses the forces of rantionalism and order and everyday stuff (Neo-Classisim, Realism, Naturalism) and then people get tired and use romanticism and chaos (Metaphysical Poetry, Romanticism, Cubism and Surrealism and stuff) and then go back to rational thought again. I don't know where modernism and postmodernism play. I find this frustrating and would like to take an axe to this entire method, but I probubly can't. Why do I choose all the fights that are impossible to win?
So anyways, I am far behind in my work. Yesterday however, we had Swiss Chalet, which was very nice and made me happy. I wish I had some now because they've got good fries and chicken.

No comments: