Thursday, February 14, 2008

Alone Once Again on Valentine's Day

Apparently there may have been more then one Saint Valentine. The three records of him show that he may have been a priest in Rome, a bishop in Interamna or a martyr in the Roman Province of Africa. Roman Catholisim celebrates his feast day today, and it is believed that it's celebrated today to overseed the Pagan Festival of Lupercalia. Anyways, he's one of the several saints who were martyred in Ancient Roman Times. It really got into swing when Chauser wrote a poem. But what do I care, I know feel alone and unsatisfied. Why? Valentine's day isn't about love, it's about cards. The Evil Consumer Lizard Society only uses it to increase there hold on us. So why am I so depressed? I probubly can't say that without tearing open my heart onto this blog page, so I won't.
On a happier note, Salman Rushdie is still alive. Yes, it has been nineteen years since a fatwa was laid on Salman Rushdie's head for writting The Satanic Verses. Salman Rushdie, if your liseaning to this, congragulation on not being killed. Although to be honest, the attacks on his life have been kind of lame. So far, everyone who's tried to kill him has been blown up by there own bombs.
Other then that things are alright. I'm doing fine in my Internet course, but if I don't finish this one Module by Friday I'll be behind. And I should be getting a new sketchbook. I also wish to socialize at somepoint. I may be going to a concert on Saturday, which should be fun. That's all I've got to say today.

2 comments:

Steph said...

Actually I think Valentine's Day is less about love and more about making those who are single feel like crap.

Sorry you're one of those, but if it's any consolation, Hans and I didn't even acknowledge the so-called holiday, really. Around 10 PM, he looked up from the TV and said "Oh, Happy Valentine's Day, hun." And that was about it.

So for you, Happy Single Awareness Day!

*hug*

Dylan said...

Thanks Steph. But I still feel a bit lousy.