Friday, February 08, 2008

First Post of February

Sorry I havn't been writing. The Internet course I took is keeping me busy. Yes, I'm doing an internet course. It's pretty fun. I'm just getting the Module on Faustus done. Next I have to read Shakesphere's Sonnets. I read one in Illium, by Dan Simmons. I wouldn't have understood it without the commentary. I liked Faustus. I was a little perturbed by the fact it seemed so high and mighty, but then I tuned into the fact that Faustus sold his soul to the devil, so I dropped my bias.
In the Wold Newton Department, I have a bit done on lineage of The Dude, from the Big Lebowski. I plan on writing an article about it sometime. Baiscally, the Dude's father was Dean Moriarty from Jack Kerouac's "On the Road" and his mother was the daughter of Anastasia Romanov. I may even start a Wold Newton blog, but I don't know if I'd let anyone else in. Especially the guys who worked in all the superheroes. Superman, Batman and Spiderman and all that. They already have there own universe, we don't need them in the Wold Newton chronology.
My next Wold Newton project is probubly going to have to do with the Blackadder family. There's also alot of Kanes out there (Solomon Kane, Charles Foster Kane, Michael Kane, Kwai Chang Caine), so I figured it be nice to work them into a family tree. I also still have to work Sissy Hankshaw, Cornelius and Co., half the Quentin Tarantino canon,Wyatt and Billy from Easy Rider and Dale Cooper in there somehow. I suppose once I get the Kane and Blackadder family trees done I could work them in. I'm also thinking about looking into any offshoots from the Bond family tree, since there are alot of loose branches.

2 comments:

ZZZZZZZ said...

I'm glad that you like your internet class. I am taking Creative writing, Japanese Culture, French language, and Social Psychology.... I pretty much only like the writing class.

Dylan said...

Japanese culture sounds fun.