Sunday, January 07, 2007

Writer's Soliloque (This is a refrence to Hamlet. We're studying it in English. I can relate to him)

Loncrow came over yesterday. We had fun. I showed him the Giant Squid and we got the movies Donnie Darko and Kung Fu Hustle. We never did get around to watching Kung Fu Hustle, but we did see Donnie Darko. It was the director's cut so it was around 4 hours. It is a freaking weird movie. I'm not really sure how to explain it, but there's an evil bipeadel bunny rabbit named Frank.
We also began playing a game of D20 Modern set in the world of my mythos. It's in our universe set during the 1980's, known as the Decade of Hell by many of the beings in it. Loncrow says he likes it alot, but I need to get the adventures all set out before I actually get around to doing it. I'm working our next adventure. I'm going to do something with the dominent faction in New York, as well as make an ellaboration on a being known as The Tyrant of Heaven.
Anyway, tomorrow I will go back to the prison of School. I'm starting to look at my life in rather literary terms, kind of like Blake or Moorcock battle between law and chaos. On the one hand, I desire freedom, I feel called to be some sort of bohemian counter-culture prose-poet living in Kensington Market or something. On the other hand, I feel the need for order, even though I find the order harmful to my soul. I don't even know if I need this order.
I tried to reorganize my library. It's three shelves full of books that I picked up at Chapters, used book stores, library sales and the various gifts I got this Christmas. I still have copies sitting on the floor. I need to get them out of the way. I'm running out of room. What's more there are more things coming. I went to the Book Vault awhile back and saw a bunch of interesting reads. There's the rest of Transmetropolitan and The Authority for instance. And then there's other series I'd like to pick up, John Constantine, Hellblazer and Sandman and The Invisibles and that thing with Stan Lee writing for DC looked interesting. And I've been thinking about starting to collect vinyl. I don't have the room. My shelves are overflowing as it is. I can't get a bigger room because there all taken.
I need to get out of here fast. But I'm don't have anywhere to go. Steph got out from her trap, but I can't even if I hade a girlfreind in Europe. I don't know the rules of society, I don't have the knowledge. My class dosn't include Knowledge(social rules) and I'm forbidden from cross-classing. I don't have that inherrient trait. I don't have the colour code for emotions. I'm trapped in my own world of Southern-Ontario, living nomadically from place to place. Shuttling myself from home to school to the library to The Book Vault to The Giant Squid.
My mom says I'm going to be okay and so is my soul. I'm not really worried about my soul at this juncture. My sanity maybe. Maybe I'm not looking for my mother's pitty. Maybe I'm just looking for a bigger room that I can't get here. Maybe it's getting time for me to leave the nest.
Oh, and I'm on MSN now.

3 comments:

ZZZZZZZ said...

I saw Donnie Darko and I must say, by the end I was totally blown away. I still don't know if I think it's a good movie or not. It's just one of those movies that keeps you thinking. Good Luck with Hamlet. My favorite Shakespeare play is Romeo and Juliet.

Steph said...

When it's time for you to leave/escape/find freedom, you will. It's an inevitability, trust me on that one. Good luck.

Dylan said...

Thanks for your advise Steph.