Thursday, January 18, 2007

Paranoia! Stress! Depression! Fear and Loathing in Southern Ontario

So, I'm slowly becoming paranoid about my EA. I was doing work in English and I kept thinking "She's watching me. She's keeping tabs on me which they send to the Man and their coming for me." It could just be the combination of my overactive imagination and the stress from my upcoming exams. Exams make me stressed. I'm thinking on taking the day off tomorrow. Look after my little sister Sprite, who got her leg broken and has to stay home. If any of you have a god or something you worship, then a little prayer worship would be appreciated because she is currently going through hell. She has to sit down for extended periods of time, it's driving her nuts.
Let's see, most of my emotions have been largelly distressful and depressed, slightly tired as well because I'm moving onto Loncrow-time for some reason. Maybe because I'm up all night reading Moorcock and Kerouac. I'm reading On the Road by Jack Kerouac by the way. I'm getting into the Beat Generation for some reason. My interest in the nineteen-sixties seems to have lead into the Beats of the previous decade. On the Road is a pretty good novel though I don't feel in the swing of it, since the characters arn't actually on the road.
I have no idea were all my things are. I'm at the library and I have my backpack and a book I'm getting out lying around somewhere. I have my wallet on me so no one can get what little money I have in there. God, I need to get away from the materialistic world.
I'm working on my first novel. I'm doing it about Naos, since I figure I should write that first. It's about how Naos gains Enlightenment. There's romance, political intrigue, Revolution, supernatural forces, post-cyberpunkness and random tributes to the 1960's because I like hippies for some reason. I was hoping to write a bunch of other stories about Naos' time on the mortal plane, but I think that bit of my mind that is Naos is telling me "Stop screwing around, Writer. Those stories arn't important. Get to the important stuff. Trust me this is going to be great."
I was thinking about Ralph. Ralph is feeling left out of the mythos because Naos seems to be getting more and more room. So I figure it's about time Ralph went for a make-over. If I want Ralph to have the range of Naos he too must shed the physical form. I'm thinking about making Ralph the main character for Mythania, kind of like Death in the Discworld series, except Ralph isn't really a supernatural force. At some point he's going to appear elsewhere in my multiverse. The only non-mythanian novel I have him in at the moment is The Book of the Saints(working title for the apocalypse novel). I figure he may get involved with Nyzadi at some point, and I have the idea of writing a thing about my life at the moment, mixed with my mythos and my role in it. I've kind of put myself as the creative apex of my mythology, a few characters are aware of a being they call "The Writer," but for the most part many are completely ignorent of it(me). Naos is very concious of the Writer, odviously since he is the idealized version of myself. I suppose that means Helen knows. Ralph may know.
I've been throwing the idea of making alternate versions of Ralph, in various other realities. I'm not sure how this would happen, but I think he may have a human version of himself somewhere out there in the multiverse. Maybe another that is a sort of druidic-nature spirit that takes the form of a rodent-man hybrid. Were these other Ralphs live is beyond me at this time, probubly on the alternate Earths. The Spirit Ralph might live on one of the overlaps with Faerie, and the human Ralph would defenetly live in the universe that tends to Sword-and-Sorcery (which also is inhabited by the Gods of William Blake's mythos. I'll get into that later).
I'm thinking maybe I should change Ralph's name, start calling him by his Mythanian name. Also, if I'm going to have him as a recurring element, then he'll have to be able to have recognizable traits. The name will be similar in most cases, and the elements of his rodent like nature would be evedient. His personality would be similar in most cases, taste for adventure, reckless yet intellegent, penchent for sword-fighting even in environments were no one fights with swords (He'd be living in a world full of lasers and he'd still have a standard iron sword as a weapon). I also see his religion as something coming up. Ralph worships all kinds of Gods, mainly The Tawaze Mother Goddess and Gharlan Goldenhair(who he eventually equates with Jesus), he also has mixed his traditional pagan worship with the teachings of Naos and has a great respect for Dana and Ka Lynn Apexet. Really, Ralph worships anything that goes with his values and he finds useful. I suppose this trait would be brought into the other versions. The odviously pagan Spirit Ralph practising a combination of Celtic paganism, Awakenism and Islam or something Monothiestic like that.
Well, I should be going soon. All this was written at my public library.

1 comment:

ZZZZZZZ said...

Interesting... very interesting. Going to have to ponder that one for a while.