Wednesday, January 31, 2007

After Exams

So yesterday I went to a local coffee place called Shenanigans. I have heard much of this place from some of my schoolmates, and since I have nothing better to do what with exams over I decided to go. Well, I went and happened to run into some guys I'm on freindly terms with. We played some pool and had a good time.
This was a big thing for me, because as many of you should know, I spend alot of my time being very lonely. My mom was very happy when I told her about this, and it is looking like Shenanigan's may be a good place for me to hang out. I get to play pool and they have good music. The only problem is that Shenanigan's is closing because of financial problems. I'm thinking of helping them out by doing a collage. I am confident in my abbility to make a collage, but I will need access to a digital camera. Maybe I can talk my sister into letting me borrow her camera If not, I'm sure mom can talk her into it, since she cares about my social life.
So, what with exams over I have spent most of my time walking around town. I picked up volume two of Transmetropolitan, which I must say is better then the first volume. Most of it is one issue stories dealing with the world of Spider Jerusalem. Oh, sorry, I apologize, many of you people may not be familiar with this, allow me to summarize.
Transmetropolitan is a comic book series about Spider Jerusalem, a gonzo journalist who lives (against his will) in the futuristic city, The City. Spider has been torn away from his hideout in the Mountains because of two books he owes his editor. Spider must now put up with his editor, his publisher, legions of fans, The Beast (President of the United States) and pretty much everyone else because, SPIDER HATES MOST EVERYBODY!
Well, Volume 2 is for the most part a bunch of issues dealing with various aspects of Spider's world. In these one issue stories we encounter various aspects of Spider's universe, such as Television, Religion, and cultural reservations located about the place. It finished of with a three-part series in which Spider has to deal with a bunch of people who want to kill him, including a vengeful bulldog who Spider had nudered, and his ex-wife who has become a brain in a jar to be recomishioned when Spider is dead.
I have to say, that this is one of the best graphic novels in my current collection. I'd place it on three, two being the first few issues of Hellblazer, which has some killer social commentary, and number one being V for Vendetta, which just rocks. Still, Transmetropolitan Volume 2, Lust for Life, is a great book for it's social satire, dark humour, and the really cool futuristic world.
Okay, that's all.

No comments: