Sunday, January 14, 2007

Thing on disapointment and Game Mastering which turned into a bunch of questions on SELLING OUT!

So I've spent most of my day waiting for this show I want to watch to come on and I'm starting to think it isn't. I've also tried doing some yoga because my right shoulder is aching. Unfortunatly I don't have the flexibility nor the equipment to actually do it. It's annoying. I'm feeling a large level of stress.
Of course, the annoying bit of me I want to drop into the docks with concrete golashes is telling me I should do my homework. God, I hate that little voice inside my head. Yes, I admit I probubly should, but I just don't feel like doing it. School is reaching a very stressful area what with exams coming up and generally when something stresses me I don't want to do it anymore. Unfortunatly School just seems to forse itself on me. It's annoying and I am not in the frame of mind for doing anything about it because then I start saying things that could get me arrested and then my EA is all "Writer, stop it," and that only sets me of more because I hate people trying to control me. It's annoying and it makes me angry.
So, for lake of anything better to do I'm trying to organize the next bit in the campaign me and Loncrow are doing. I'm finding it kind of hard, since I have to basically come up with a story with minimal character involvement. I've got the basic idea, but because of the fact I'm using my own mythology I need to do write up's for many of the creatures, and rewrite several of the creatures in the mythology. For instance in standard D&D and possibly D20 rules an archon is Lawful Good, while in my own mythology an archon tends toward lawful evil. Thankfully I've got the basic idea behing the monsters featured in this adventure. Maybe I could eventually sell this as a campaign setting. Something like Heaven-vs-Hell/Conspiracy-Theory/Multiple-Dimensional/Epic Fantasy/Urban Fantasy style.
I suppose writing up things for Role-Playing Games wouldn't be so bad. It could help pay the bills at least, but would this bring me to an area I don't want to go to in my career? Would I get trapped writing this kind of thing for the rest of my life? Not that this wouldn't neccesarily be a bad thing, but would anyone take me seriously in the kind of identity I want to take if I am an employee for Wizards of The Coast. Probubly not, but I still think many of the worlds I've created would make great role-playing games. I'm just worried if this would qualify as selling out.
Is selling out even important today? Can I sell out and still be taken seriously? Or is it that nothing is taken seriously today and therefore selling out no longer has any meaning? Is it even possible to not sell out? Am I destined one day to sell out because it is the way of the universe? This is all very confusing for me. Maybe I'm just worrying about something. Maybe I should get of my lazy ass and start writing the answers for the stupid health thing.
Anyway, on the game, I still need to get Loncrow over so we can do the game. I'd contact him on my new MSN, but for some reason I can't get ahold of him on it. Maybe I should call him up sometime and say "Hay, Loncrow. Get on MSN we need to talk."
This is making me way to Melencholy. I'm going to stop writing now. If any of you have any ideas, then please comment. I am in desperate need of spiritual guidence.

No comments: