Tuesday, January 02, 2007

2007

Hey, Happy New Year. I'm sorry, but without snow I'm just not in the holiday spirit. I don't know how to explain it or anything. I'm just crazy. (Hello, this is Writer's Mom - he is not crazy - he just does not know how to package holidays without snow - now that it has happened he will be fine if it ever happens again.)
What the frell was that? My mom just walked in her and I don't know, grafittized my post, really weird. This is going to get comments though, huzah.
Well, how did New Year's go. For some reason Little Steven's Underground Garage for some reason so I'm catching it on the internet. I also watched some movies. They were Mallrats and The Great Yokai War. Both of these were good movies. Mallrats is probubly my favorite Kevin Smith movie, since I find trying to figure out the character's motavations. That and Stan Lee is in it. The Great Yokai War is a really cool Japanese movie that may well have been something I would watch over and over again as a child. It's about a little boy who finds a bunch of wicked cool Japanese spirit things and ends up saving the world from this really angry demon guy. It's verging on a cliche, but it's well made.
Lastly, I found this really cool article on Neil Gaiman's blog, you got to read this.
It's really interesting and may just inspire some of the writers reading this. I know I'm going to work on bits of it.
Well, have a great 2007.

3 comments:

Charity said...

moms. sheesh.

ever read dan simmons? there's some snazzy sci-fi for sure.

ZZZZZZZ said...

Hello Writer's Mom....

Sorry that you didn't have snow. Mallrats is a cool movie. It was actually the first Kevin Smith movie I ever saw. Chocolate covered pretzel anyone? hehe

Dylan said...

To Charity...
Yes, I have read the entire Hyperion Cantos and the Ilium/Olympus story line.

To Shelia...
I don't have any responce.