Sunday, October 02, 2005

The Three-Day Weekend

Okay, this is what happened to me during my weekend.
To start with, it was (or is, I don’t know for sure) a three-day weekend, so I got Friday of. Because it was a three-day weekend, I invited by friend Loncrow over. I have talked about Loncrow in earlier posts. We played on his Playstation 2 and watched Chronicles of Riddick and Van Helsing. I have seen Van Helsing before, and I would say that it is a good movie. I loved Chronicles of Riddick, because it seemed like a good science fiction universe. He also showed me a new RPG called Achaea. It’s interesting but I’m having some difficulty getting the hang of it.
After Loncrow left I spent the rest of the day being more or less bored. I got a new book at the mall and pointed out some books to my mom that I liked. I also had some Pizza at some relatives house.
Today, I did something I haven’t done in awhile. I went to church. To tell you the truth it wasn’t that thrilling. For the most part I tried to make myself comftorble in the chairs. I don’t know if I will come back as often.

4 comments:

Steph said...

I agree with you about Van Helsing. Except that I didn't like the ending. I thought it was corny. I've never seen Chronicles of Riddik, but I think it's based originally off of that movie Pitch Black, right? Whatever the case, I liked that movie.

As for church, I don't see myself going to a typical church service ever again. (Weddings and funerals are a different story though, but those are kind of an obligation, I guess.)

Dylan said...

I appreciate your choice, and to tell you the truth I'm more gnostic christian. I understand that you have hade a bad experience with Christianity with your grandma calling you a heathen and whatnot, but my experience wasn't that bad. I have some diffrent ideas, such as Jesus isn't nor needs to be, the Son of God and my relatives have no real problem with that. At least to my knowledge.

Steph said...

I haven't exactly had a bad experience with Christianity. What my grandmother calls me doesn't make any difference to me. I've just been doing a lot of reseach, outside of simply reading the Bible, on the origins of Christianity. In my opinion, it doesn't add up.

That being said, I DO believe in God, and I'm sort of wavering on what I think of Jesus. I wouldn't call him the Son of God, but he certainly was something. A man, but more than the common man in a way. More advanced spiritually, I guess is how to put it.

Dylan said...

That's basically my theory. Perssonaly I think Jesus was just wiser then an adverage human, what with the whole peace thing.