Friday, March 25, 2005

The Soundtrack of My Life So Far

I heard somewhere that most teenagers look at their lives as a soundtrack or think that their life should have a soundtrack or something like that. I don’t know if this is true, but I am going to write down what I would put on the Soundtrack of My Life.
  • Imagine, by John Lennon This song is my theme song. All I really want is for people to stop being stupid so we can all join together in the pursuit of knowledge and truth. The only part I don’t agree with is the bit where John Lennon says we shouldn’t have religion. While I do acknowledge that religion is one of the great causes of human suffering, we would probably make things worse if we didn’t have it and it is really more of an excuse to draw away from the real issue (e.g., The Muslims are all heathens and they got Jerusalem, which is our holy city, let’s go take it back, real reason: The Muslims are damn rich, let’s go loot and pillage their land which Jerusalem is conveniently placed in)
  • Somebody to Love, by Queen What can I say? I get lonely. Can anybody find me somebody to love? I would greatly appreciate it.
  • Smells like Teen Spirit, by Nirvana I’m a teenager. I’m not so sure I feel teen angst, because I am an Aspie and emotions are not my strong suit. But sometimes I get really frustrated and that I believe is what this song is all about (The subject of Smells Like Teen Spirit was the theme for a parody Weird Al Yankovic did of Smells Like Teen Spirit. The video was hilarious). Plus, this is a good song and I feel is more authentic and less whiny then "Welcome to my Life," by Simple Plan.
  • I Want To Break Free, by Queen Mainly because I want to break free. Life is very frustrating for me and I would like to live in a cabin in the mountains where I can concentrate on writing. A good substitute would be So-Called Chaos, by Alanis Morissette (which come to think about it is more appropriate)
  • American Pie, by Don McLean This is just a good song.
  • Stairway to Heaven, by Led Zeppelin Same as the reason that American Pie is on. I guess they can work it in subtlety or something. I understand that Led Zeppelin isn’t to keen on putting there music onto soundtracks and whatnot, but this is just me fantasizing.
  • Bohemian Rhapsody, by Queen Okay, I’ll admit it. I like Queen and I play air guitar. That and this is just a good song. Which is the only reason most of the songs on my personal soundtrack are on here.
  • Learn to Be Still, by The Eagles My religious search is an important part of my life. This is a good song to illustrate that.

Well, that’s all I can think of off the top of my head. All songs will be played by my imaginary friend, Naous the Roswell Alien and avatar of Shiva. This is my imaginary soundtrack, so I can choose who gets to play the music.

6 comments:

Steph said...

Hmm... I'll have to think about that soundtrack idea. Perhaps I'll post it on my blog (if you don't mind me copying your idea). You listen to good music, by the way, though I'm afraid I've made myself sick of Bohemian Rhapsody from hearing it too much.

Dylan said...

Alright. This isn't a complete list, theses are just songs that took of the top of my head.

Steph said...

I think I spent a little bit too much time dwelling on my soundtrack actually. You never actually said, do you mind if I copy your idea on my blog?

Steph said...

... I know my previous reply worked, but blogger said it didn't, so I'm replying again, so it shows up...

Dylan said...

Off course you can copy my idea. I would like to copy your Song Lyrics idea myself.

Steph said...

Feel free!