Friday, March 25, 2005

I am a Hindu (unofficially, but still...)

Well, I have unofficially converted to Hinduism. I have been searching for a religion that I like for some time and Hinduism seems to be the one.

I have hade problems with my parent’s religion (Christianity) for a long time. The first time was probably when one of the people at our church brought all the kids up to the front of the church one day and told us that we were all supposed to be disciples of Jesus. I happened to be a cat at the time and replied "I’m not a disciple. I’m a cat." This is one of my great religious lines. After this I tried to be a good Christian, but it just didn’t work out. Eventually I decided to just stopped being Christian and studied other religions. I considered joining all sorts of religions, but Islam seemed to orthodox and Buddhism didn’t appeal to me at all. One day I got a book on Hinduism because the Hindu Gods interested me and I wanted to read more about them. I started learning more about Hinduism and I found it appealed to my own beliefs. Today at supper I decided that I will start practising Hinduism.

We were having steak. Yet another bit of evidence to show God has a sense of humour.

I like the Hindu concept of God, which is more liberal then the Judeo-Christian-Islamic one. This is my largest reason in converting. I have yet to attend a Hindu worship service.

4 comments:

Steph said...

I agree with you about God's sense of humour. He has one, I'm convinced. And as for you liking the concept of a more liberal God, I agree with you there too, but I am Christian, in an abstract way that's kind of hard to describe.

Dylan said...

okay. I don't know how to respond to that.

Steph said...

There wasn't anything that you were really supposed to respond to that with. I was just rambling. I do that a lot.

Dylan said...

Me too