Wednesday, July 09, 2008

The Wonderful Magazine Finder Dingus

Steph, who should be beatified by the Catholic Church (and would be if they where beatifying anyone of importance), has given me a handy little website called Duotrope's Digest that allows me to track down magazines that are weird and off-beat enough to hold my own brand of absurdist historical-mystery sci-fi-magic-realism-romance genre bending. Here's what I hope will be places you be able to see me in.
  • Bust Down the Door and Eat All the Chickens, I found out about these fellas from my interest in the Bizarro genre. It features writing that is weird, surreal and dosn't make any sense. I like to think what I write makes some kind of sense, but I've got a story I could send here.
  • The Capilano Review, This is a pretty well established Canadian magazine, so it's A) Established and B) Local. I'd like to be published in local areas, if only because it would allow my friends to buy a copy.
  • Susurrus Press, My mom may have questions about this, but I think it may be something I should pay attention to. If it's legitimate I'll try writing things in there anthologies. They have anthologies now and I may have time to write in them.
  • Ambit Magazine, These guys are British, so I don't know if they are likely to publish someone from across the pond. Thankfully, everyone I know says I'm a genius. If I am to try and get published here, then I'm probubly going to wait awhile until I have published a few things in other magazines on this continent.
  • Storyteller Magazine, This is a local Canadian magazine that promotes short stories.

No comments: