Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Open Doors, Days Two & Three

It's been a busy three days and no mistake. I have just spent most of my time running across the campus figuring out where everything is and how the library works. Today I freaked out from all the stress I had to skip most of the day, which was basically a lecture and how to use computers. I'll figure out the whole computer thing later. Now I just have to wait her at Ron Eydt until Friday when I get all the preliminary stuff out of the way.
It was amazing how tired and frustrated I got in such a short time. It's a bit worrying, as I'll have to put up with this for September, when I'll basically not be doing much of anything except this kind of stuff. Also, I havn't written anything of importance except some blog posts since Sunday, which is worrying. I'll try writing later today, but I don't know if I'll be able to update the ol' word meter until later.
On another note, I got a book from the University Bookstore. It's The Metatemporal Detective, by Michael Moorcock. It's a book of pulp-adventure/detective stories based on an old Victorian era detective named Sexton Blake, but since it's by Michael Moorcock there's airships and mentions of other Michael Moorcock books and stuff like that. It's pretty good, and apparently there's a none-to-flattering parody of George Bush and Dick Cheney somewhere. I havn't read it yet, but it's a pretty nice little book I have here anyways.

No comments: