Friday, July 04, 2008

University Update

Yesterday my mom took me over to the University of Waterloo to get all my course information out. I'm going to be taking three courses, which is the bare minimum I can take while still staying there full time. I'm doing an English, Religious Studies and Film Studies Course. I'm also thinking of picking up a few language courses. Maybe Spanish or Russian. I don't know. Apparently I can't take French because Waterloo expects me to have taken at least Grade 9, which I havn't. The lady we saw said I should look at taking a French course at Waterloo. I might, know that I know what I can read in French.
I even got to go to a used bookstore. My mom said that we wouldn't be going to any used bookstores, but I've been meaning to find a copy of Mumbo Jumbo, by Ishmael Reed. I didn't find it at the place we went to, but I did get The Miracle of the Rose, bu Jean Genet, Nova by Samuel R. Delany and what appears to be a Michael Moorcock novel written about a fictional version of the band Hawkwind I never heard off. I also found a copy of the book You Can't Win, by Jack Black (not the comedian) which was a major influence on the thought of William S. Burroughs, but I didn't buy it. I look forward to frequenting this bookstore while I'm in University, as well as any other cool bookstores in Waterloo.

No comments: