Saturday, July 26, 2008

Open Doors, Last Days

I'm officially done Open Doors today, so it is now time to lie back and cool down until it's time to go to Revel Coffee for tonight's open mike. I'm reading a poem I wrote recently, and which I think is pretty good, maybe one of the best things I've ever written. I'm seriously considering on becoming a poet. At least if I don't write much poetry my prose can have a poeticness about it.
Open Doors was getting pretty depressing and tiresome towards the end. My family was nice enough to come over on Wednesday and we went out to dinner. We also went to Generation X, which is an independent video store much like the Giant Squid of memory. I got The Third Man, which I havn't seen since the Giant Squid closed, and Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me, which is a pretty good movie. But the whole Open Doors thing was getting to be tiresome and stressful.
But it was only after supper when I began to feel alone. Ironically, I was with the other people when I felt most lonely. I was having supper on the last day with three other kids and I felt like I was on the outside of the conversation. It made me feel very sad, because I couldn't really connect with these people. I felt a bit sad and went back to Ron Eydt, where I called my parents to see if I could come home, which is what I did. It was good that I lasted as long as I did though, because four days was all I needed to stay for because I don't have any classes on Fridays.

No comments: