Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Babbling on about D&D, Jesus and the Grateful Dead

Well. I don't know what to say exactly. I'm going to be picking up some art supplies and new books tomorrow and I've got a new the basic plot of the next Dungeons and Dragons campaign down. I'm not going to say anything, but it revolves around the amazingly new concept of a magic ring. Oh, magic ring. Shiny. Precious and such.
Incidently, I just realized that in Lord of the Rings, the Fellowship set out around December, so they would be trekking across snow, but they are always shown walking around in farely temperate climates. Does it snow in Middle-Earth, or is it more like New Zealand then first thought. I want answers people.
Well, we visited some family freinds which was okay. I don't have any code names for them but their cool people. They are christians, but their cool christians who don't look at Jesus as THE MAN. That is the big mistake that most christians make about Jesus, that he is THE MAN, or THE GOD or whatever. They way some christians look at Jesus (and I'm looking at some people featured in a documentary about a gay bar in the American South) look at Jesus/God as a really pissed of fella who's sending lightning bolts and such onto all the heathens and gays and liberals and such. I don't really consider myself an expert in this area, but I from what I've heard of Jesus he's just some guy who went around telling people to stop being stupid and get along, kind of like Gandhi or Martin Luther King Jr or the 16th Dali Lama (I think's that the one we have today) only most of the world looks at him as a god or at the very least a prophet. I've probubly written this down becaue I'm always going on about it, but JESUS WAS A HIPPIE! I mean look at the guy. When was the last time you think he shaved? And the whole peace and brotherhood and the fact he was very anti-establishment (he said that man could gain unity with God without the use of a priest class or something like that). He was a hippie, or at least a resonable facsimily. All the people on the religious right would probubly hate his guts.
Think how funny it would be if Jesus came back today and this whole thing turned out to be true. I would be laughing for the rest of the day. I just hope I can see him before somebody shoots him.
I'm liseaning to the Grateful Dead at the moment. I have downloaded a bunch of Grateful Dead songs on my Mp3 player awhile back and I have liseaned to them over and over again. I think I am a delayed Deadhead. I don't really know what a Deadhead is, but I'm farely sure it is a fan of the Grateful Dead. I don't know if it has anything to do with drugs. I don't do drugs because from what I gather they make you loose concentration, giggle at random moments and see giant talking mice and wise old grey elf people, and I already have the first two and I fill in for the last one. Anyway, the point is like the Grateful Dead and I don't do drugs because I can find myself in a similar state without their help.
This has been a stream of concious session.

No comments: