Friday, July 07, 2006

New Books and Art Supplies

Yesterday I went with my mom and sisters went out to a big city, where I got art supplies and new books. The art supplies consist of three brushes, four canvases, and a set of acryllic paints. I don't know what I'm going to paint, but it will depend greatly on whether I have skin tone or not. If I have skin tone, I may do Roland. If I don't I'm probubly going to do either Ralph or Elric.
Anyway, the books I got at the used book store I went to are (know let me see). Something about a torcherer by Gene Wolfe, The Seventh Book in the Elric Saga, which I was pretty sure ended at the sixth, and Barlowe's Guide To Fantasy. I already own Barlowe's Guide to Extraterrestrials. These books are basically a guy who drew a bunch of aliens and characters from Fantasy and Science Fiction. It is pretty cool. We also went to a Chapters, but I didn't find anything I wanted. I've decided to stick to Used Book Stores from know on. Mom says we can try going to a new used book store every week this summer and that sounds like a good idea.
I also got a copy of the Koran and The Avram Davidson Treasury today to add to my personal library. I plan on working on this. I also want to upgrade all my Dark Tower books to the ones with pictures in them.
I guess for my personal library I would like to have alot of books dealing with religion and mythology and stuff, and alot of classic science fiction and fantasy special editions. I'd also have a fairly good collection of graphic novels. V for Vendetta would certainly be on the list, but I'm also working on getting the entire Bone series in colour. I may also get a bunch of Cerebus, but I'd stop before it gets into all the right-wing bantering. Oh, and the entire Sandman series by Neil Gaiman. I don't really know how much classic stuff I'd have, because that never really rubbed off on me. I like the movies, but I just don't care that much for the comics. I don't know if I'd have a copy of Watchmen either, because I don't really like it as much as V for Vendetta. I'd like Rorscach on my side in a fight, but I don't really like the series that much.
I don't really know why I like Rorscach. The guys a right wing, vigilanty nutcase. I think it's the mask. Rorscach has a cool mask. V could beat him in a fight though, mainly because V is capable of abstract thought, if you ever read the book you'll notice he's always talking in riddles and symbolism and such, for instance the whole 'five' motif. "You Can Call Me V" for instance has five sylibals.
Well, that's it. Hope you enjoy Letter to the Watchowski Bros.

No comments: