Wednesday, May 17, 2006

What's going on with Writer

I finished Anthem. It was a really short book, but I found it good. It's basically an idea book that preaches against collectivism, and I got that bit really clearly.
Anyway, I'm trugging along thru school to the best of my abbilities. I have to translate a scene from Macbeth into plan English and I've got to get Broken Ground all wrapped up before I go into full swing on my independent study. The good thing about today was that we got to read for a bit of First Period. I read The Waste Lands, which is the third book in the Dark Tower Series. This is a stream of conciousness post by the way. I'm writting this all out as one big paragraph.
You know what, screw the whole big paragraph thing.
I'm liseaning to Rush on my Mp3 player. The song I am liseaning to is 2112, of the album of the same name. It's a short rock opera type thing about a guy who discovers a guitar and takes it before the council of his people, who reject it because they are a totalitarian society. The writer gives credit to Ayn Rand for helping him come up with the idea and elements of the story are similar to Anthem. I have thought of making this into a Flash Cartoon, but it is a really long song.
I'm currently on borrowed time on this computer. The guy who was using it got of early so I'm getting some extra time. Apparently his is almost up.
Let's see, what else can I say?
Well, I'm working on some pictures of the species of Mythania, my constructed world that I have not gone into any great detail upon. I'll see if I can get them on here for all you guys to look at via the internet at my school. I'll be working on something about the Impressionist period though, so it may be awhile. I promise you that they will be up by the end of school (for me)

4 comments:

Steph said...

Rush is a good band. 2112 is a good song, but I'd have to say my favourite by them (particularly for the philosophy behind it) is The Trees.

Dylan said...

I havn't heard that one yet. What album is it on?

Steph said...

Good question... I have it on a greatest hits CD (The Spirit of Radio), gotta check the original album... Ok, it's from Exit, Stage Left according to Windows Media Player.

Dylan said...

Thanks