Monday, May 15, 2006

What I did for Mother's Day.

I'm writing this at my town's public library. It is getting incresingly hard to conect to the internet from my home so I figured that I should use the computers here at the library. This will mean that I won't be able to get pictures up, but I may find a way around this.
So yesterday was Mother's Day. I had to go to two mother's day things. The first was for my mother's parents and we went to a hotel resturaunt in Waterloo to have Brunch. I kind of embarrased my family by lying down in on the table. I didn't climb onto the table, I just had to recline which I wasn't able to do in those terribly uncomfortable chairs. Dad says that I have to realize that "It's not about me,". I felt sorry when I realized that I was making people feel bad (At least that was the vibe I got from dad) and I think that I need to downsize my ego. I understand that there is a Hindu practice for that, and as a bonus you gain enlightenment or something. I think that I'm going to have to look into this.
Afrer thus their was a breif period of time at home, where I read some of Broken Ground. I'm going to have to read more of that today at home. This took an hour of my time and then I was off to my father's parents.
Being at my father's parents house was okay. There's something about my father's side of the family that I like, I don't know why. Anyway, I had to do the dishes afterwards and my dad got some pictures that he did of Neil Young when he was around my age. There pretty cool. Counicidently, I'm liseaning to Neil Young on my Mp3 player.
(I'ved said that I have an Mp3 player, right? My mom and dad got me one for Christmas)
Anyway, there is nothing much else to say except that somebody shot a polar bear/grizzly hybrid somewhere in Nunavut or something. Whether this new hybrid is breed for it's skills in magic is so far uncertain. That is an allusion for people who have not seen Napolean Dynamite. Steph, I'm looking at you.
I'm hungry.
I also picked up a book while I was hear called Anthem, by Ayn Rand. I've heard alot about this Ayn Rand person and I figured I should read her work, since I don't read enough works by women. I don't really read anything by women. If anyone has any suggestions for me that will be welcomed.
Okay, that's it just let me get a link for the Grizlar Bear.
Done, see yeah. Hope this new arrangement works.

1 comment:

Steph said...

*looks around innocently because she still hasn't seen Napoleon Dynamite* hehehe...

Ayn Rand... I've heard a lot about her too. Atlas Shrugged, I think is a book by hers. A big one. Both literally and figuratively. I think it mighta sounded interesting, thought it's been awhile since I read anything about it. I've never read her either.

As for women authors... Mercedes Lackey's Dragon Rider series is good. (I actually don't know the name of the series; that was just a guess, but the first book in the series is called Joust.) It's one of my favourites.

You know, come to think of it, I don't know a lot of chick authors either. Hmm... now I have to go check my books to see...

...

...aha! The Sword/The Ring/The Chalice is a very good trilogy by Deborah Chester (a woman!) and aside from the Harry Potter books, those are pretty much the only things I can think of worth recommending.